Windows 10: Skype problem

Discus and support Skype problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 v1909 64bit,latest version of Skype.The skype icon on the task bar is showing "signed out" when I am signed in, is there anywhere to correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrysutt, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Skype problem

Windows 10 v1909 64bit,latest version of Skype.The skype icon on the task bar is showing "signed out" when I am signed in,
    is there anywhere to correct this, as I have a relative in Canada asking why I don`t show as signed in?

:)

Terrysutt, Nov 27, 2019

2. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Nov 27, 2019
  3. chaimhaas Win User
    Skype Cross-zone Scripting Vulnerability Found

Skype Security Blog

Skype provides a full description on its Security Blog of the vulnerability and the steps that have been taken to address the problem so it doesn't affect users

chaimhaas, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Skype problem

skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Skype problem

1. Skype problem - Similar Threads - Skype problem

2. Skype problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype problem: Windows 10 v1909 64bit,latest version of Skype.The skype icon on the task bar is showing "signed out" when I am signed in, is there anywhere to correct this, as I have a relative in Canada asking why I don`t show as signed in? 145232
  3. Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem

Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem: I have 9 different computers in my business all running Win10 x64 and we use the Skype for Desktop version on all of them because the Skype Windows 10 app has several serious user interface shortcomings compared to the Skype for Desktop. Up until the last 6 weeks, everyone's...
  4. Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with speakers and microphone on Skype: I have problems with the microphone and speakers in my Skype application on my PC with windows 10. How would you solve this problem? Help me, please....
  5. Problem adding Skype meeting addin for Outlook - I have O365 and SfB 2015 - How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem adding Skype meeting addin for Outlook - I have O365 and SfB 2015 - How do I fix this?: Error message is Addin c-drive folder X86 prpgram files .... \Office\Office15\UCAddin.dll is not valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-adding-skype-meeting-addin-for-outlook-i/dc9559d0-b3e4-4c7e-8cb8-096cde10f5b0
  6. surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK: Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results: surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all. skype - microphone not work at all also. microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone...
  7. surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK: Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results: surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all. skype - microphone not work at all also. microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone...
  8. I have a problem with my camera its turn off when i am on skype please can you help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a problem with my camera its turn off when i am on skype please can you help: been on skype but the camera is on off picture of camera with a line across how do I switch it on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/i-have-a-problem-with-my-camera-its-turn-off-when/acd876ef-d869-4873-859a-97ef72c4ec06
  9. SERIOUS PROBLEM: Can Skype Give Away My Privacy?

SERIOUS PROBLEM: Can Skype Give Away My Privacy?: Hey I.T experts! Skype is the only app I use to communicate with people online and this is why I'm so worried. I was about to download the Skype update and install it, but I'm just worried about something. This is my big fear: That Skype has the ability to...
  10. Skype problem on win 10

Skype problem on win 10: Using win 10 skype. If I call a friend on skype, I can hear him, but he can't hear me, the video works well, but if he calls me the audio and video both work well. I call this one way audio Ha!!!! My audio and video have been checked out and seem to be working like it...