Windows 10: Skype problem

Discus and support Skype problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 v1909 64bit,latest version of Skype.The skype icon on the task bar is showing "signed out" when I am signed in, is there anywhere to correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Terrysutt, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Terrysutt Win User

Skype problem

Windows 10 v1909 64bit,latest version of Skype.The skype icon on the task bar is showing "signed out" when I am signed in,
    is there anywhere to correct this, as I have a relative in Canada asking why I don`t show as signed in?

:)

Terrysutt, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Skype Cross-zone Scripting Vulnerability Found

Skype Security Blog

Skype provides a full description on its Security Blog of the vulnerability and the steps that have been taken to address the problem so it doesn't affect users

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Skype problem

skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Skype problem

1. Skype problem - Similar Threads - Skype problem

2. Bluetooth hearing aids and skype - audio problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth hearing aids and skype - audio problems: I wear hearing aids and they are bluetoothed to my laptop. However, sometimes when I start a skype call to another skype user, the audio input to me won't work. On the skype settings audio page, it says the hearing aids are not connected. However, they are connected if I look...
  3. Problems with Microsoft Store and downloading Skype to P

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Microsoft Store and downloading Skype to P: I am unable to log into Microsoft store on pc to download Skype. I cannot change password since only verification method is old old landline that no longer exists. If I go into Microsoft acct on phone all info is correct and old # dies not appear anywhere. Mobile # however is...
  4. Problems with Microsoft Store and downloading Skype to P

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Microsoft Store and downloading Skype to P: I am unable to log into Microsoft store on pc to download Skype. I cannot change password since only verification method is old old landline that no longer exists. If I go into Microsoft acct on phone all info is correct and old # dies not appear anywhere. Mobile # however is...
  5. Problems with Microsoft Store and downloading Skype to P

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Strange Skype / Windows (?) Audio Problem.

Strange Skype / Windows (?) Audio Problem.: I have been successfully using Skype just about forever. Now suddenly when I make a Skype-out call after the line starts to ring I get audio but it is very weak. I cannot adjust the volume with the windows sliders or Skype settings. The sound reminds me of someone...
  7. Skype (Store App) in Tablet Mode problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype (Store App) in Tablet Mode problems: Has anyone else had problems with the Skype store app in Tablet Mode? My current issues are: When Skype is set to run at startup (login) the app does not seem to fully load and only shows a black blank window (see attached). I was able to mitigate the problem by disabling...
  8. Teams and Skype audio problems with Logitech Brio

Teams and Skype audio problems with Logitech Brio: I am having a terrible problem getting MS Teams to work with my Logitech Brio Camera. Windows is up to date with 202H. Dell 8700XPS, 230 MBPS Internet ethernet connection. When I make a call without the camera on, the audio is fine. When I turn the camera on, audio on the...
  9. How to fix the problem of Skype not starting, I get the window message "The ordinal 345...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix the problem of Skype not starting, I get the window message "The ordinal 345...: Hi All, My name is Steve and I'm having problems starting/using Skype, I am using the latest version and my OS is Windows 10 Could someone give me some advice on fixing this problem that appears in a window with the message below when I try to start Skype. The ordinal...
  10. skype for business installation problem: Error reading from file D\User\** verify that the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    skype for business installation problem: Error reading from file D\User\** verify that the...: I am trying to install skype for business desktop app from .msi SkypeMeetingApp.msi file downloaded from official website. But when I run it, i get the error: " Error reading from file D\User\**\Downloads verify that the file exists and that you can access it " . Details:...