Windows 10: Skype Recording

Discus and support Skype Recording in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just did an interview and recording it and everything went well. I got the pop up in the chat that it was recorded and watched it back and it was all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristopherMalone1, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Skype Recording

I just did an interview and recording it and everything went well. I got the pop up in the chat that it was recorded and watched it back and it was all good. I downloaded it and it's in my drive, yet when I click on it to watch the recording it pops up with, "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." Does someone know how to fix this or should I put this in a different category or what?

:)

ChristopherMalone1, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Callender Win User

Choose one of the available modes from the drop-down list: record all sides, record other side only, record audio only.

Callender, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing Skype call recording

Source: Introducing Skype call recording - now you can capture, save, and share special moments | Skype Blogs

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Naveen_M Win User

Skype Recording

Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is an option ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’ in Skype. Try adjusting Skype sound in the application by following the below steps:

a. Open Skype.

b. Navigate to Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone.

c. Select the default device.

d. Uncheck the ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’.

Also, I suggest you to adjust Skype sound in the control panel to fix the recording issues. You can do this by following the below steps:

a. Open ‘Control panel’.

b. Select ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’.

c. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.

d. Verify that nothing is set to mute.

e. Verify that microphone is checked under the ‘Recording’ tab.

Try updating Skype, if any update is available. Please follow the above steps and get back if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Skype Recording

1. Skype Recording - Similar Threads - Skype Recording

2. I am unable to find the setting for outgoing VM recordings - where is it on skype windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to find the setting for outgoing VM recordings - where is it on skype windows...: I am unable to find the setting for outgoing VM recordings - where is it on skype windows desktop? THANKS, Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-find-the-setting-for-outgoing-vm/354e3b54-b4b4-4616-afc2-4ebd4acaed5f
  3. I am unable to find the setting for outgoing VM recordings - where is it on skype windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to find the setting for outgoing VM recordings - where is it on skype windows...: I am unable to find the setting for outgoing VM recordings - where is it on skype windows desktop? THANKS, Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-find-the-setting-for-outgoing-vm/354e3b54-b4b4-4616-afc2-4ebd4acaed5f
  4. Microphone just working on Skype Not on whatsapp and Microsoft SOUND RECORDER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone just working on Skype Not on whatsapp and Microsoft SOUND RECORDER: Hi, My mic isn't working on any app except skype. I am using a headset. The voice recording is shaking in any other app or WhatsApp voice messages on the web app. I tried troubleshooting, I tried recording sound through sound recorderwhich is same as whatsapp . I tried...
  5. Microphone not working when on Zoom/Skype or when trying to record my audio

Microphone not working when on Zoom/Skype or when trying to record my audio: Hi, I have an Acer latop with Windows 10. For some reason I can't work out, my microphone is not working when I try to speak to people on Zoom/Skype calls, or when I want to record my voice when putting together presentations - eg Powerpoint. I've been through all the...
  6. Downloading recorded video from Skype

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading recorded video from Skype: I can not download a recorded video from Skype. It fails after downloading more than 90%... It says network error.. Then pops a notification that my work or school account needs to be fixed. Then The user ID that you entered is not recognized. If this is a new account, it...
  7. Mic works with Skype and Sound Recording, but not anywhere else

Mic works with Skype and Sound Recording, but not anywhere else: Hi everyone, I'm facing a rather annoying and intriguing issue with my microphone. I'm currently running the latest Win10 build 2004, and I just can't get my mic to work with Google Meet, Xbox Game Bar, or even under Mic Settings! In fact, it only works when I use Skype...
  8. Saving Skype video recordings to laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Skype video recordings to laptop: My Windows 10 is up to date and I'm using Skype version 8.52.0.138, Application version 14.52.138.0. I've got video recordings on Skype that I wish to save to my laptop. I've tried Save and Save As and neither of them work. What to do?? This is important to me...?...
  9. Skype: How To Record Calls?

Skype: How To Record Calls?: Hi computing experts, I just want to record the audio content of my Skype calls between me and one other person into any kind of audio format. I'm not wanting to record video. I know it's possible to record Skype calls from within the Skype now, but I don't want to use...
  10. Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working: Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windows_skype/audio-recording-settings-microphone-settings-on/2e9883fa-6caa-4dab-965b-9d035c6b4faf