Windows 10: Skype reduces windows volume

Discus and support Skype reduces windows volume in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not sure if this is skype or windows. Out of the box, Windows is set to reduce volume on a call by 80%. Normally, I go in and change it to "do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by B_Lenz, Oct 1, 2019.

1. B_Lenz Win User

Skype reduces windows volume

Not sure if this is skype or windows.

Out of the box, Windows is set to reduce volume on a call by 80%. Normally, I go in and change it to "do nothing" through the sound control panel, and it's fine. Now when I'm on a call, Skype reduces my volume, and windows still has "do nothing" on the sound control panel. I have to hit "reduce by 80%" -> "apply" -> "do nothing" -> "apply" EVERY TIME... I haven't tested if it's just closing skype, or rebooting the computer that triggers this, but I was hoping someone has seen this and knows a fix.

:)

B_Lenz, Oct 1, 2019
  2. malware Win User

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Oct 1, 2019
  3. godders46 Win User
    N73 4.0747.31.0.1 volume reduced?

Has anybody else noticed that the volume has been reduced on the music player using the original headphones/mic after applying Version 4.0747.31.0.1?

The volume on the right earpiece seems to have dropped more than the left. (It's not my hearing or the balance settings, before somebody asks; I've tried them back-to-front too.)

Also does anybody know where the list of fixes / enhancements is for this upgrade?

The official list doesn't include this version...

http://europe.nokia.com/A4577225

Thanks, Godders.

godders46, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Skype reduces windows volume

Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Skype reduces windows volume

1. Skype reduces windows volume - Similar Threads - Skype reduces volume

2. My space key reduce volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    My space key reduce volume: I am gamer and in game i have to use space bar but when ever i press the space key it reduce volume , and there is an important role of the shift key which is also working abnormally since today morning ,Please help me becoz of this issue i can't play the game smoothly as i...
  3. My space key reduce volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My space key reduce volume: I am gamer and in game i have to use space bar but when ever i press the space key it reduce volume , and there is an important role of the shift key which is also working abnormally since today morning ,Please help me becoz of this issue i can't play the game smoothly as i...
  4. My space key reduce volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Volume reducing at night

Volume reducing at night: Hi All, I've an issue where my laptop reduces the max volume - it only seems to occur at night time, but to confuse things I've tried changing the time zone and rebooting so it was day time on the clock, but the issue persists. If I play a song and move the slider all...
  6. Windows keeps reducing my microphone volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps reducing my microphone volume: Recently my friends have told me that my mic was really quiet, but my gain was turned all the way up. I checked in the Windows settings, and I saw that the volume was turned down to 30. I readjusted it, but when my microphone picks up any form of sound, it automatically...
  7. Increase Volumed W Reduced Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Increase Volumed W Reduced Sound: Hi y'all I am wondering how I can increase the volume of my headphones without having too much sound come out of it to the public. submitted by /u/TrapBae2000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2d3ww/increase_volumed_w_reduced_sound/
  8. Volume reduced after failed call

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume reduced after failed call: Hi, I have a Bluetooth headset attached to a Creative Labs USB Dongle. My headset is also connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth it supports two connections A call came into my iPhone and by mistake, I clicked the headset as the audio source. I didn't want this so I...
  9. Low volume still too loud - reduce volume on Windows 10

Low volume still too loud - reduce volume on Windows 10: Hello, with my new headphones even the lowest volume value is louder than I would prefer. I would like to be able to adjust the volume more precisely at the lower volume area. Is there a way (or program) that lets me adjust the volume in general on another level? Thank...
  10. How to reduce the volume of Win messages?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reduce the volume of Win messages?: How can one reduce the volume (without effecting the volume of other sounds) of the sound playing when messages occur like this one [img] at the bottom right side? Using the sound mixer (or whatever it is called) does not work, the "Systemsounds" slider (set to "0")...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reduce volume by 80% skype behavior