Windows 10: Skype related error message

Discus and support Skype related error message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] This window pops up when my system reboots and at other times too - it's not clear what triggers it. I've Googled the message and there are a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bbinnard, Jan 7, 2019.

1. bbinnard Win User

Skype related error message

Skype related error message [​IMG]

This window pops up when my system reboots and at other times too - it's not clear what triggers it. I've Googled the message and there are a few postings about it, but none of the suggested solutions fix the problem.

I've tried deleting Skype and reinstalling it - no help. The message occurs even after having deleted Skype and not reinstalling it.

My system is Win10/64 Ver 1809 Build 17763.134 and my Skype is the one from the MS Store Ver. 8.36.0.52.

:)

bbinnard, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Updates made to messaging in Skype

Source: Weve heard your feedback on messaging in Skype and have made - Microsoft Community

Brink, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    ERROR MESSAGE in Skype: Unknown message type 'Signal/ForceAbchSync'

Hi Bob,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I suggest you to try disabling Skype from Outlook.com and check if it helps.

To disable Skype please follow the steps below:

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Skype related error message

Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Skype related error message

1. Skype related error message - Similar Threads - Skype related error

2. Error message related to not having a default email program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message related to not having a default email program: I recently downloaded a third party software to view a .pst file as I do not have Outlook installed on this computer. That software seems to work fine.However, ever since I installed the program, I am receiving this sporadic but persistent error message in a pop-up where the...
  3. Error message related to not having a default email program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message related to not having a default email program: I recently downloaded a third party software to view a .pst file as I do not have Outlook installed on this computer. That software seems to work fine.However, ever since I installed the program, I am receiving this sporadic but persistent error message in a pop-up where the...
  4. Error Message related to IGCCTray.exec pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Message related to IGCCTray.exec pop up: Application Error message appears after you power up in Window 10. Is there a fix? C:\Program Flies\WindowsApps\AppUp.ItelGraphicsExperience_1.1002727.0_x64_8j3eq9e Mary...
  5. Skype messages not sending

in Windows 10 News
    Skype messages not sending: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You may have faced an issue where you find that Skype is not sending messages. This issue is common with Skype for home users, and the most probable cause has been having low or no internet connectivity. But if you [...] This post Skype messages not sending...
  6. Limited Service of Skype Instant Messaging

in Windows 10 News
    Limited Service of Skype Instant Messaging: Limited service of Instant messaging in multiple regions/countries STATUS Active We have identified an incident affecting our services and are actively looking into it. Update time: March 25, 2019, 11:28 AM by Brooke Start time: March 25, 2019, 2:30 AM Affected...
  7. SKYPE ERROR :

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SKYPE ERROR :: I cannot find an answer by Microsoft on this Skype Error Message. "Skype EXE error message: Entry Point Not Found: The procedure entry point AVCODEC_DECODE_AUDIO4could not be located in the dynamic link library. C:\Program...
  8. Skype related error message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Skype related error message: [img] This window pops up when my system reboots and at other times too - it's not clear what triggers it. I've Googled the message and there are a few postings about it, but none of the suggested solutions fix the problem. I've tried deleting Skype and reinstalling it -...
  9. Updates made to messaging in Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Updates made to messaging in Skype: We've been hard at work updating messaging in Skype based on your feedback, we hope you enjoy these changes! To see these updates, be sure to download the latest Skype build at https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/ Within Messaging Settings, you can now: Manage whether...
  10. Skype no new message alert !!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype no new message alert !!: Dear Sir/Madam, I have updated the skype version to SKYPE 12.1815.210.0. However, after using this new version, I have found that there is NO new message alert that's why always too late to read the new messages come ( Not user friendly !! ). I have took some time to look...