Windows 10: Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER

Discus and support Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; This is completely unacceptable. Firstly the only reason I have not just switched to Linux is because of Windows software exclusivity, and it's on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ClikNeedsNewName, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER

This is completely unacceptable. Firstly the only reason I have not just switched to Linux is because of Windows software exclusivity, and it's on my last nerve. A few months ago I noticed Skype in my system tray, without my installing. I disabled it starting up with Task Manager, but today I saw it just sitting about in task manager. The ****? First I have to strangle Windows into being a less shady OS every time it updates, and now this? "Windows as a service" is not an excuse to do this. It doesn't make sense in the first place because it's software on my SSD anyway. I managed to disable this by disabling the setting in Skype itself, but that required me to log in, and had I been a local user I would not have been able to fix this issue. I'm betting that at least 2 of the 4GB of RAM Windows uses is taken up by **** like this. I can do you one better actually; my old PC only had used 2GB idle after I fixed the privacy issues.

:)

ClikNeedsNewName, Sep 5, 2020

2. Completely disable skype on startup?

If a Skype application is visible on background process under Task Manager, it's possible that one of your application is automatically signed in upon start up. To prevent this from happening, follow these steps:

To disable start up on Skype

• Open Skype application.
    • Select Tools.
    • Click on Options.
    • Select General settings.
    • Uncheck the Start Skype when I start Windows option.

To log out of Skype preview

• Open Skype preview.
    • Click your profile picture.
    • Select sign out.

Note: You'll need to log back in if you wish to use either of the application.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your Skype application.

Darwin Dim, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Background tasks no-longer running

So I've now got my background tasks working again with the help of people at the WPCentral forum. They advised that I uninstall apps that can use background tasks, whether those tasks are enabled or not. The theory is that Windows Phone has some kind of
    issue with there being too many apps installed that register the use of background tasks and that disabling the background tasks does not help.

So here's what I did:

• Go to settings --> swipe left --> background tasks --> advanced.
    • Make a list of all of the apps installed that can run background tasks.
    • Uninstall as many of those apps as possible. In my case, I had quite a few apps that I actually rarely use.
    • Restart the phone.
    That's it. The background tasks for the apps I actually want to be able to run then just started running again. One person in the thread suggested you can also work around the problem by careful configuration of each app to disable background operations
    you don't actually want, without having to uninstall them.

For more detail you can see the WPCentral forum thread here:
    http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/240483-background-tasks-no-longer-running.html

Benjamin Brereton, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER

skype constantly running in background using a lot of ram

skype constantly running in background using a lot of ram, messing up my music production work, i am getting underruns in my daw because of skype running in background, while i thought i had removed skype from my pc and it keeps showing up in the task
    manager................... please explain.

when i close skype in task manage suddenly my pc runs much more smooth in the daw -_-

edit; tnx for the reply guys i just saw that skype was still in the app list somehow.. dunno actually if it has reinstalled or if i didnt delete it properly but if this wont solve the issue i will edit this post again

JeroenVerbaarschot, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER

1. Skype running in background AFTER BEING DISABLED WITH TASK MANAGER - Similar Threads - Skype running background

2. Task manager is disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Task manager is disabled: Hi,Recently I discovered, when I open my lock screen with ctrl + alt + del the task manager is missing from the bottom. I tried to run the exe but it says that I need admin rights, I checked and I'm the admin on my PC.I also edited the Local Group Policy:User Configuration ->...
  3. Task manager is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager is disabled: Hi,Recently I discovered, when I open my lock screen with ctrl + alt + del the task manager is missing from the bottom. I tried to run the exe but it says that I need admin rights, I checked and I'm the admin on my PC.I also edited the Local Group Policy:User Configuration ->...
  4. Task manager is disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task manager is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager is disabled: Alright so basically, task manager isn't working and I've gone to gpedit, registry editor, etc, and I've done exactly what my browser has told me to do, and the problem is, I think they literally got rid of my access to these things, and this is really problematic, so I need...
  6. Task manager is disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task manager is disabled: Alright so basically, task manager isn't working and I've gone to gpedit, registry editor, etc, and I've done exactly what my browser has told me to do, and the problem is, I think they literally got rid of my access to these things, and this is really problematic, so I need...
  7. How stop task manager from being disabled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How stop task manager from being disabled?: I downloaded a virus on accident and I removed it and now it's says my task manager is disabled by administrator. How do I re-enable it? submitted by /u/Thenoob1000 [link] [comments]...
  8. Skype is constantly being suspended in Task Manager - NO NOTIFICATIONS

Skype is constantly being suspended in Task Manager - NO NOTIFICATIONS: Hi, I've been having issues with Skype showing new message notifications on my Windows 10 pro computer ever since the update came out for suspending programs in the background. The green leaf is always on Skype, showing suspended unless I open the app. If it's suspended,...
  9. Background prosess "Task Manager"??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Background prosess "Task Manager"??: How do I know that my windows do not have some processes in the background that in the end do not build up some bad programs that will end the life of my Hp comuter??...
  10. Cortana runs in background after being disabled

Cortana runs in background after being disabled: I have already turned off Cortana and her ability to 'get to know me' in the settings. I go to task manager and Cortana still shows up. while using 3% or memory(a large chunk compared to what is being used when nothing is open), i end her process. After a second or two,...