Windows 10: Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone

Discus and support Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Community...... Ever since the Windows 10 Update 19042.906, my microphone is not accessible for any of the meeting apps. Under Control Panel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RaghuKallorath, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone

Hello Community......

Ever since the Windows 10 Update 19042.906, my microphone is not accessible for any of the meeting apps.

Under Control Panel --> Sound --> Recording, I can see that the microphone is sensing noises , but none of the Apps can. So essentially, I am not able to attend any meetings from home.

Tried all measures and finally, I uninstalled Windows Updates, and everything works.

But then, the windows updates run again, and my meeting Apps don't work any more.

I uninstall the updates again and everything works fine again.

So either:

1 I have to Permanently Stop Updates

OR

2 Someone needs to help me out.

Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone 6d62ad27-e80e-489b-81b7-e7586ab50ca9?upload=true.jpg

:)

RaghuKallorath, Apr 10, 2021

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Skype (Problem with recording device) Team Speak3( Microphone disabled)

Hi Gosia,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the microphone. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your computer?

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Check for the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

a. Open Skype and navigate to
    tools

b. Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

a. Click Start, click
    Control Panel

b. Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the microphone for further assistance.

Thank you.

4. Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone

Skype Microphone echo only on 1 Win Pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?

As the issue persists with the Skype app, I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried and check if it helps:

• Try to log-in to Skype using different account on the same computer, access the microphone and check if the issue persists.
    • Try to log-in to Skype account on different computer using this account, access the microphone and check.

Also try the below if the issue still persists.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter to check if the issue persists.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If issue still persists,

Step 2: Uninstall and re-install Skype from Windows Store.

You can also uninstall Skype app from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Skype
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Steps to Install Skype app:
    Log-in with administrator account, open
    Windows Store, search for Skype app and download latest version.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Thema:

Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone

1. Skype, Teams, Cortana, Zoom, googlemeet etc etc cannot access microphone - Similar Threads - Skype Teams Cortana

2. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.: I recently few months ago got a 2021 HP Envy 14, and everything was working fine until I installed a Window's Update on the 5th of October. It updated some drivers and ever since then there has been issues with the microphone. When I call on Skype or Zoom, and even when I...
  3. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.: I recently few months ago got a 2021 HP Envy 14, and everything was working fine until I installed a Window's Update on the 5th of October. It updated some drivers and ever since then there has been issues with the microphone. When I call on Skype or Zoom, and even when I...
  4. Microphone issues when using Skype, Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. CAMERA NOT WORKING WHILE ON VIDEO CONFERENCING - ZOOM, MEETS TEAMS ETC.

CAMERA NOT WORKING WHILE ON VIDEO CONFERENCING - ZOOM, MEETS TEAMS ETC.: Hi I tried connecting to video call through various apps and every platform says no camera has been detected. The default camera app seems to work fine just before I open these apps. After I open the app even the default camera app on windows says there is no camera attached...
  6. Cam & Mic Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc

Cam & Mic Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc: Looking for some advice for what I have to get to start using Skpe, Zoom, etc. I don't have any of it at moment. Something with a camera/mike to clip to the top of my Acer Aspire desktop pc M3910 which has USB2 ports. Need to see and hear brother abroad, so just want...
  7. Cam & Mike Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Cam & Mike Recommendation For Skype/Zoom, Etc: Looking for some advice for what I have to get to start using Skpe, Zoom, etc. I don't have any of it at moment. Something with a camera/mike to clip to the top of my Acer Aspire desktop pc M3910 which has USB2 ports. Need to see and hear brother abroad, so just want...
  8. Windows cannot access etc. etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access etc. etc.: Am running WIN 10 Home with latest updates. When I try to access a programm, WorldNavaids, I get the following message. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. I have, in the properties section...
  9. Name on Zoom etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name on Zoom etc.: For some reason, when I go on Zoom now for a meeting, I am a number instead of my name. The person leading the meeting can rename me, but it keeps happening. Also, found out that my printer now considers me the same number. What is happening?...
  10. Microphone not working with meeting apps, zoom and google hangouts etc

Microphone not working with meeting apps, zoom and google hangouts etc: My microphone is working properly, I have gone through all of the steps recommended by all of the apps and articles online. Multiple times. The microphone will work for 2 or 3 seconds and then stop working in both zoom and google hangouts. I used zoom several times earlier...