Windows 10: Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming

Discus and support Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’ve been listening, and we’ve heard you. In the coming weeks, we’ll release the first version of the Skype Universal Windows Platform Preview app to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming

Source: Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming to Windows Insiders - Skype Blogs

Brink, Mar 23, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

Sounds good.
    Particularly this feature :
    Start a chat with anyone using Skype or not using Skype.

:)

davidhk, Mar 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Store and some apps close immediately without the "stopped working" notifications

My computer running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601.xxxxx) and being kept up to date. It has a virtual machine running Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 14393.xxx and I keep the virtual machine up to date. Yesterday, Store and other 'Universal Windows
    platform' apps such as Microsoft Edge, Groove Music, Xbox,... operated normally. Today, I try to open these apps including Store, Groove Music, Microsoft Edge, Skype Preview, Photos on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update build 14393.xxx virtual machine. Unfortunately,
    after few seconds, they close immediately due to an unknown reason. All other apps still operate normally. No luck for me, when I run the Windows Store Reset Tool by typing
    wsreset on the Ask me anything bar, it opens the Store app, then the Store app closes immediately. There are no "Store has stopped working", "Microsoft Edge has stopped working", "Groove Music has stopped working", "Skype Preview
    has stopped working", "Photos has stopped working" notifications from Windows Error Reporting. What should I do to make all 'Universal Windows platform' apps (include Store) operate better? And should I reinstall the Windows 10 machine?

sonyvaio_900, Mar 23, 2016
  4. Andrew[N] Win User

Skype integration in Messaging app doesn't work

Option to send Skype messages from Messaging app was removed in Anniversary Update (OS build 14393). Now you should use new universal Skype app (for now it's named Skype Preview).

Andrew[N], Mar 23, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    It sounds like what I already use...
    Regular old fashioned.....Desktop Skype, which works perfectly fine for me*Biggrin

Cliff S, Mar 24, 2016
  6. Screenshots for Skype UWP Windows 10 app leaked

A couple of days after Microsoft revealed it was going to make a Skype Universal Windows Platform app, some screenshots showing the Windows 10 PC version in action have been leaked onto the Internet.

Microsoft previously announced it wasn't going to make a UWP Skype app for Windows 10, in favor of integrating Skype features in the operating system's Phone, Messaging and Video apps. The company changed its mind after receiving feedback from Windows 10 users that they wanted one app that handled all those features at once.

To view Screen Shots and to Read More
    Screenshots for Skype UWP Windows 10 app leaked | Windows Central

hTconeM9user, Mar 26, 2016
  7. Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming to Windows Insiders

Read more: http://blogs.skype.com/2016/03/24/sk...dows-insiders/

Cluster Head, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming - Similar Threads - Skype Universal Platform

2. The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app

in Windows 10 News
    The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app: Last month, we provided an overview of the Desktop Bridge in this blog post. We are excited to announce that since then we’ve released a new version of the desktop app converter, adding support for great new features and fixing several issues to provide a more stable...
  3. React Native on the Universal Windows Platform

in Windows 10 News
    React Native on the Universal Windows Platform: Today, Microsoft and Facebook announced at Facebook’s developer conference, F8 2016, that we’re adding Universal Windows Platform (UWP) support to React Native. This is provided as an open source, community-supported framework. The new UWP support extends the reach of these...
  4. Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Bots preview comes to consumers and developers: Skype brings together hundreds of millions of people around the world every day. The amazing connection that Skype brings to so many people inspired us to think about the next platform shift, to conversation as a platform. Today we are introducing Skype Bots—a new way to...
  5. A deeper dive into the Universal Windows Platform

in Windows 10 News
    A deeper dive into the Universal Windows Platform: Hello from day 2 of Build 2015 in San Francisco. David Treadwell and I just gave the audience a peek at many of the new capabilities the new Universal Window Platform will enable, along with the associated tools and services. We also provided more insight into the Universal...
  6. iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    iOS apps coming to Windows Universal Apps: One thing that didn't get much notice during the Build keynote speech is that Visual Studio 2015 can now build native Objective C apps and target Windows Universal, including the iOS libraries. Apparently, King Games used this to bring Candy Crush Saga to Windows Universal....
  7. Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

in Windows 10 News
    Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps: Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps [ Updated for UWP apps on Windows 10. For Windows 8.x articles, see the archive ] In this guide, you'll learn about: •What a device family is, and how to decide which one to target. •New UI controls and panels that...
  8. Windows 10 OneDrive universal app coming in Q4 2015

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 OneDrive universal app coming in Q4 2015: Microsoft has big plans for its OneDrive cloud service, and this week they showed off a roadmap of upcoming features and improvements as part of its Ignite IT conference in Chicago. One of those additions is the planned launch of a universal OneDrive app for Windows 10...
  9. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform source ; http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapp...-app-platform/
  10. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: Earlier today at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, I provided developers a first look at the Windows 10 developer platform strategy and universal app platform. I encourage you to tune in to our Build conference in April for the full story. Windows 10 represents the...