Windows 10: Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads

Discus and support Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Several users have complained that ads served through Microsoft's Skype app are serving malicious downloads, which if opened, can trigger ransomware.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads

Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads | ZDNet

:)

Borg 386, Mar 30, 2017
  2. Taffy087 Win User

Fake Adobe Flash Update - Skype users hit too

Thanks Julia. I'd looked at that but several times was unable to download Emisoft. So I went to the next thread on my search - it was from Brink over at tenforums. I've asked him for advice.

So around 10.30 I posted another reply here referring to Brink's advice in
    >this article<
    . I also said I'd change the Subject on my thread to widen it from just a KB update. Your thread wasn't here when I looked at 10.30 and now my reply at 10.33 isn't here - but the subject has changed.
    Weird - I'll report it in Performance problems. Also none of my tab buttons are working and my text is going all over the place.

Taffy087, Mar 30, 2017
  3. Monkey57 Win User
    Monkey57, Mar 30, 2017
Thema:

Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads

1. Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads - Similar Threads - Skype users hit

2. Email changed by malicious user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email changed by malicious user: Hello, I received an email today stating that my login email had been changed. I then received another email saying that all of the security info for my proper one has been deleted. What should I do?...
  3. Email changed by malicious user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email changed by malicious user: Hello, I received an email today stating that my login email had been changed. I then received another email saying that all of the security info for my proper one has been deleted. What should I do?...
  4. Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype can not be removed going through settings/apps.: Yes, I have been screwing around trying to again remove skype. It keeps appearing on my system. Going to star/apps scroll down to skype hit remove and nothing happens. I was able to delete it last week when I found it running in the background but I am now unable to delete...
  5. Got hit by COPA Ransomware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got hit by COPA Ransomware: So I monkey brained yesterday and downloaded a software from a dodgy website. Then when I tried to installed it, I disabled the antivirus to prevent false positives. Anyway, it encrypted a lot of my photos and videos which was annoying at most. The defender and malwarebyte...
  6. I just got hit with Ransomware ADAME

I just got hit with Ransomware ADAME: All of my files on my external hard drive just got encrypted. I removed all of the viruses with malwarebytes, but now every single one of my files have the extension " .id[42B18849-2275].[[email protected]].Adame " Is there any way to remove the extension and recover my...
  7. Hit by ransomware called "CIop"

Hit by ransomware called "CIop": We are just hit by ransomware called "CIop", We found a lot of files were encrypted with extension ".CIop" And the MSSQL service and maybe some other servicees keep being brought down after we try to bring them up. Do you have any support to clean this ransomware? or any...
  8. Every 10 seconds someone gets hit by ransomware

Every 10 seconds someone gets hit by ransomware: I've just seen an advert on Facebook by Zonealarm where they state that every 10 seconds someone gets hit by ransomware. I wonder how true that is. 90088
  9. Adding Messenger plus to Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Messenger plus to Skype: back in the olden days we used WLM with plus to send custom sounds to each other on contacts list it was fun and miss those days however i read that latest SKype on Windows 10 has messenger plus for it? i can not seem to install it correctly is there a legit version of PLUS+...
  10. Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads

in Windows 10 News
    Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads: Several users have complained that ads served through Microsoft's Skype app are serving malicious downloads, which if opened, can trigger ransomware. News of the issue came from a Reddit thread on Wednesday, in which the original poster said that Skype's home screen -- the...