Windows 10: skype using resources

Discus and support skype using resources in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I will appreciate any help. I do not use skype, have not activated or subscribed to skype, yet occasionally I notice heavy use of resources by this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hold-the-mayo, Nov 5, 2018.

1. skype using resources

Hi, I will appreciate any help. I do not use skype, have not activated or subscribed to skype, yet occasionally I notice heavy use of resources by this app and its associated files, enough to slow down my pc. Why?

:)

hold-the-mayo, Nov 5, 2018

2. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Nov 5, 2018
  3. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 5, 2018
  4. malware Win User

skype using resources

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

skype using resources

1. skype using resources - Similar Threads - skype using resources

2. Lots of resources being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lots of resources being used: I have up to 45% of my CPU and 70-85% of my RAM in use (I have 8 GB) just by doing low end tasks. Looking in task manager, I know for a fact that ~6GB of RAM is not being used by Discord and Chrome. Windows should barely use any of that. I've been suspicious of bloatware...
  3. "Requested resource is in use" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Requested resource is in use" error: So, I tried to move some photos from my android device to my computer. I move videos like that frequently with no problems, but now I got the error message "Requested resource is in use" and I can't move it. I don't have the preview pane on. Some people said that disabling...
  4. Browser Using Lots of Resources

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Using Lots of Resources: Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was introduced to computers and then the Internet. Not long after that I found out about "cookies" and how they interacted with your browser. The more I studied this the more I saw what an advertiser's dream this must be, even though it...
  5. Video conference using skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video conference using skype: Hi is it possible to conduct a Video Conference with multiple people using the Skype that came with Windows 10, my machine is fully updated. If it can be done is there a tutorial available for doing so. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Regards Daniel 153822
  6. Video conference using skype

in Windows 10 Support
    Video conference using skype: Hi is it possible to conduct a Video Conference with multiple people using the Skype that came with Windows 10, my machine is fully updated. If it can be done is there a tutorial available for doing so. Any advice or comments would be appreciated. Regards Daniel 153822
  7. the requested resource is in use

the requested resource is in use: my windows defender wont turn back on. i cant factory reset. i cant install any antivirus or anything. i believe i have a rootkit. i would love it if someone on this planet could help me remove this virus....
  8. wlanext using resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wlanext using resources: wlanext in task manager is using over 50% on the cpu. i just started having this issue a day ago for what seems like no reason. it sounds like wlanext is used for only wifi but i have never used wifi or plan to on this computer. i always have task manager open but i have...
  9. Microsoft account to use skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account to use skype: Hi, On Setptember 13th, I create a new Microsoft account to use Skype. It asked me my phone number, in which I received a code. Then I create the Skype account. In the next day, I tried to login using that account in Microsoft and it told me that it didnt recognized my...
  10. "Resources Already In Use" Error

"Resources Already In Use" Error: All, I uninstalled my Antivirus software program because I purchased a license for BitDefender. The problem is I can't install anything. When I double click on the .exe file I get an error message stating "resource already in use" Now I'm stuck with no Antivirus program...