Windows 10: Skype: What happened to the tray icon?

Discus and support Skype: What happened to the tray icon? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Skype (8.54) updated itself without asking first on my Win 10 workstation (and also on a Win 7 PC), now the tray icon is missing. Using the "X" icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nefthys, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Skype: What happened to the tray icon?

Skype (8.54) updated itself without asking first on my Win 10 workstation (and also on a Win 7 PC), now the tray icon is missing.

Using the "X" icon makes it close into the void, there's not icon or anything to indicate that it's still running - according to the Task Manager it is though - and to re-open it I have to look for the shortcut or use the search. Plus, to completely close it, I have to use Task Manager (I used to just right-click the tray icon).

How do I make it close into tray again?

submitted by /u/Nefthys
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nefthys, Nov 11, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Skype system tray icon coming soon on Windows 10

Source: Coming Soon - Microsoft Community

Brink, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Brink Win User

Source: Coming Soon - Microsoft Community

Brink, Nov 11, 2019
  4. DooGie Win User

You can set it to do that in Skype version 8

DooGie, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Skype: What happened to the tray icon? - Similar Threads - Skype happened tray

2. The update icon in System Tray is stll there after the update to 23H2. What is happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The update icon in System Tray is stll there after the update to 23H2. What is happening?: My PC downloaded the Windows 23H2 update a few days back. It installed the update. Then asked for a restart. I restarted my PC. But after it turned on, it still kept asking me to restart to upgrade to 23H2. In system details and update history, it says it is updated to 23H2...
  3. The update icon in System Tray is stll there after the update to 23H2. What is happening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The update icon in System Tray is stll there after the update to 23H2. What is happening?: My PC downloaded the Windows 23H2 update a few days back. It installed the update. Then asked for a restart. I restarted my PC. But after it turned on, it still kept asking me to restart to upgrade to 23H2. In system details and update history, it says it is updated to 23H2...
  4. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  5. What happened to my icons?

What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  6. what happened to app icons

what happened to app icons: so recently, two of my apps have lost their icons when on the taskbar. im unsure why. both were previously pinned to my taskbar, but then when i unpinned them, the icons began breakingthis is what the icons look like now:dont ask why notepad is in the image...
  7. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: What happened to my icons? About a dozen disappeared, some new ones were added that don't do anything and they were rearranged. Was there a problem with an update? I don't know how I'm going to rebuild what I had. This is a mess....
  8. What happened to my icons?

What happened to my icons?: What happened to my icons? About a dozen disappeared, some new ones were added that don't do anything and they were rearranged. Was there a problem with an update? I don't know how I'm going to rebuild what I had. This is a mess....
  9. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Skype system tray icon coming soon on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Skype system tray icon coming soon on Windows 10: We've heard you loud and clear! We're working to bring Skype for Windows 10 to the system tray! While it's not out the door quite yet, you can expect the new system tray icon will: Be displayed whenever Skype is running Show sign-in and sign out state Show a badge for any...