Windows 10: Skyrim has to be repaired every time I restart my computer.

Discus and support Skyrim has to be repaired every time I restart my computer. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently got a copy of Skyrim: Pc Special Edition for windows 10 from the Microsoft store. I installed the program to an external hard drive because... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BJT207, Jun 18, 2021.

1. BJT207 Win User

Skyrim has to be repaired every time I restart my computer.

I recently got a copy of Skyrim: Pc Special Edition for windows 10 from the Microsoft store. I installed the program to an external hard drive because I don’t have enough space on my C drive but whenever I restart my laptop and go to start Skyrim, it says that I have to repair the program in order to run it which involves reinstalling the entire program. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

:)

BJT207, Jun 18, 2021
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Skyrim has to be repaired every time I restart my computer. :confused:*Mad Skyrim has to be repaired every time I restart my computer. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Paul Bab Win User
    Skyrim For Xbox 360

Hi Devin,

Let's answer the following questions to properly isolate your concern:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Is this issue happening to other games as well?
    • Do you have the physical copy or digital version of Skyrim?
    To help resolve your concern with the said game on Xbox 360, refer to the following methods below:

Method 1: Clear System Cache

Removing the temporary files on your console may help resolve your concern. Click this

link
    and perform the steps provided. After completing the steps, restart your console and access the game this time.

Method 2: Remove and Re-add your Xbox Profile

To refresh and sync all changes made, you may need to remove and re-add your Xbox Profile on the console. Refer to this

link
    and perform the steps provided. Make sure to restart the console before re-adding back your account on the console. After completing the steps, access the game this time and check if the same instance occurs.

You may also get in touch with the game publisher for further assistance -
    Bethesda Support

Let us know how it goes.

Paul Bab, Jun 18, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Skyrim has to be repaired every time I restart my computer. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Skyrim has to be repaired every time I restart my computer. - Similar Threads - Skyrim has repaired

2. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  3. Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I restart the computer, it forgets the time.: Always after restarting when I look at the time, it shows a completely different time. I set the computer to synchronize with the time zone, but it still doesn't show me the correct time. What should i do?...
  4. My "wuauserv" registry is deleted every time I restart my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My "wuauserv" registry is deleted every time I restart my computer.: I have already managed to get it to fix the problem temporarily, each time I restart my computer the "wuauserv" registry gets deleted, I scanned my computer multiple times using my antivirus and it doesn't find a problem....
  5. every time I restart my computer there is a file created

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    every time I restart my computer there is a file created: I try to delete those files but when I restart it again, it appears again, It created an Extention in every browser on my computer, is this a virus?the extension looks like this...
  6. Every time I Restart my Computer, the desktop resets itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every time I Restart my Computer, the desktop resets itself: This is a problem that has been occurring to me for about 2 days now. I usually leave my computer on sleep mode so that it is easy to continue my work the following day. Yesterday, my computer hanged while i was doing my work and was not functioning at all. having no other...
  7. My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.: My computer had already been acting slower than usual and there were occasional freezes, but other than that it was totally fine. One day, I had pressed update and shut down on my computer as I was about to go to bed. When I woke up, my computer had lost all its file...
  8. every time I restart it has forgotten me

in Windows 10 Customization
    every time I restart it has forgotten me: The other day, my computer must have updated. When I opened it, all of my setting were gone, no wallpaper, no nothing. Like a new computer. I cannot find the photos app and the startup menu does not allow me click on the microsoft store. It just goes dark. I can't figure out...
  9. Application Install Warning every time I restart my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application Install Warning every time I restart my computer: [ATTACH] I previously was a tutor for this platform and installed their software as required. I resigned and uninstalled all of their material but I keep getting this warning after every restart of my computer....
  10. My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Keyboard Locks Every Time the Computer Restarts: Hello. I have a very frustrating issue that I need resolved. My keyboard locks every. single. time. my computer shuts down, restarts, and sleeps. By this I mean the keyboard clearly works, it lights up and the enter & esc keys work... but all the other keys are locked.This...