Windows 10: Slash types uncontrollably without touching it.

Discus and support Slash types uncontrollably without touching it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, My daughter has been using my laptop Dell XPS 15 for school these last few weeks. One of the ongoing problems she's been having is bringing up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SuarezG, Sep 8, 2020.

1. SuarezG Win User

Slash types uncontrollably without touching it.

Hello,

My daughter has been using my laptop Dell XPS 15 for school these last few weeks. One of the ongoing problems she's been having is bringing up a new tab in the web browser Firefox and the box suddenly starts populating a slash, she doesn't remember if it is a forward or back slash, uncontrollably. Hitting the ESC key or anybother key she tried didn't stop it. We'vre tried restarts but that only seems to help temporarily. I've never expereienced this problem while on the laptop but she is on it all day during the week for school and it keeps happening more frequently

It is a relatively new laptop, bought in Jan 2020, running Windows 10, and there hasn't been any damage to the keyboard such as spilling liquid or the such.

Thanks ahead of time for any recommendations.

:)

SuarezG, Sep 8, 2020

2. Floating and uncontrolable curser.

Hi,

We'd like to know more about your concern regarding the uncontrollable cursor when playing games. Please answer the following:

• Have you made recent changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • Aside from gaming, is the issue also happening when navigating to other programs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse to check if the same issue will occur?
    We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Touch keyboard pops up at login

If the above steps didn't work, we suggest that you disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Services, and then press Enter.
    • On the right pane, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service. Double-click on it.
    • Locate the Startup Type drop down, and change it to Disabled.
    • Click on Apply button to save changes.
    • Click on OK button to close the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
      window.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Slash types uncontrollably without touching it.

Typing screen fills up with forward slashes

Whenever I open any program that include/s a typing window, I hear a soft ring, followed by the typing window filling up with forward slashes. ///////////////////////// If I do nothing, the slashes continue filling the area ad infinitum. ///////etc..
    What can I do to stop this?

mike.liebermike.lieber, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Slash types uncontrollably without touching it.

1. Slash types uncontrollably without touching it. - Similar Threads - Slash types uncontrollably

2. Computer types Backward slash \ continously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer types Backward slash \ continously: I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 11. All of a sudden , my system keeps typing \\\\... continously, stops at a certain point and toss again. This happens at all text entry fields including browser urls. I rqn McAfee anti-virus scan, malwarebytes anti malware scan and...
  3. Computer types Backward slash \ continously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer types Backward slash \ continously: I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 11. All of a sudden , my system keeps typing \\\\... continously, stops at a certain point and toss again. This happens at all text entry fields including browser urls. I rqn McAfee anti-virus scan, malwarebytes anti malware scan and...
  4. Laptop keyboard typing "/" uncontrollably

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard typing "/" uncontrollably: OS is Windows 10 , when typing any of the following letters and puncuations q/x/c/c,/./'/ keyboard starts uncontrollably typing slash until other letters is typed. I tried updating, reinstalling the drivers and ran keyboard troubleshooting but nothing seems to be working...
  5. Laptop keyboard typing "/" uncontrollably

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard typing "/" uncontrollably: OS is Windows 10 , when typing any of the following letters and puncuations q/x/c/c,/./'/ keyboard starts uncontrollably typing slash until other letters is typed. I tried updating, reinstalling the drivers and ran keyboard troubleshooting but nothing seems to be working...
  6. Laptop keyboard typing "/" uncontrollably

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Forward slashes keep typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forward slashes keep typing on its own: For some reason my computer won’t stop typing forward slashes on its own. I have switched keyboards and mouses, is there something else I can do to stop this? I have to use my phone to write this because I am unable to type anything when I try it’s just ///////////////....
  8. Keyboard automaticaly type slash /

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard automaticaly type slash /: My laptop is Hasee X3 G1, upon updating to windows 10 pro, my keyboard suddenly type slash/ non stop. Sometimes I cant even logon to my account after restart. Can someone please help me fix this issue?...
  9. I cant type a dot without slash appearing next to it

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cant type a dot without slash appearing next to it: When I press the dot on my keyboard, instead of a simple dot appearing i have this : ./ For some reason it doesnt happen everywhere, but it does it on word and chrome search. Same deal when pressing **** + slash, i get >?. I got a razer cynossa chroma, i checked everyhting...
  10. Typing screen fills up with forward slashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing screen fills up with forward slashes: Whenever I open any program that include/s a typing window, I hear a soft ring, followed by the typing window filling up with forward slashes. ///////////////////////// If I do nothing, the slashes continue filling the area ad infinitum. ///////etc.. What can I do to stop...