Windows 10: Slave HDD´s Windows Files

Discus and support Slave HDD´s Windows Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Evening My question is: Can I delete the "Windows" file and all the micrososft related files common files, appdata files, etc from slave HDD´s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nicolas Cardozo TG, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Slave HDD´s Windows Files

Good Evening

My question is: Can I delete the "Windows" file and all the micrososft related files common files, appdata files, etc from slave HDD´s without causing any instablity?

A whille ago I replaced my computer and the old HDD´s that I had are being used as slave drives for storage only; the OS is installed on another drive. I´m afraid that if I delete those files I will cause an error or something worse on my PC. Again, the slave HDD´s are purely for storage.

I´m almost sure those files are from the old OS that was installed on those HHD´s before they were put to use as slave but I´m being cautious.

Thanks in advance for your answer

:)

Nicolas Cardozo TG, Jul 2, 2020
  2. SubVetSC Win User

Moving slave HDD to a new computer.

My current desktop has 2 HDDs; a 250GB HDD where WIN10 is installed (Master), and a 1TB HDD where games and some files are stored (Slave). I am upgrading computers and wish to move the 1TB drive to the new desktop. The new computer has a 500GB HDD with
    WIN10. I know many games write into Windows files (My Documents, Program Files, etc) so while most of the games files are on the Slave drive, there are footprints left on the Master drive. How do I move the 1TB HDD to the new desktop and maintain the integrity
    of the games, while also cleaning up the Master drive on the old computer so I can sell it? Can it even be done? Do I have to uninstall all the games and reformat the Slave drive? (Please say no!!!) I have access to all the games so I can reinstall, but
    that would be a royal pain. Thanks.

SubVetSC, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Removing Win 10 OS from slave HDD

By taking sometime giving yourself permission to deletes files as suggested below. Try create a partition or use another drive to place the info you want to keep. Then format the drive and put your info back.

OctavianQR, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Slave HDD´s Windows Files

Can I use VISTA box to Delete files on Slaved Windows 10?

Hi,

We highly suggest to run recovery options or repair options if the operating system has crashed before you make it as a slave. You can use your old HDD (Windows Vista) in the computer and make the old Windows 10 HDD as a slave. But just be aware that the First
    partition of the old disk (C drive of the old disk) will be shown as the D drive in the new computer. This is only if the Windows 10 hdd has a setup partition.

Kindly give us a feedback for the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Slave HDD´s Windows Files

1. Slave HDD´s Windows Files - Similar Threads - Slave HDD´s Files

2. Is there a way to permanently fix permissions for slave drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to permanently fix permissions for slave drives?: I reformat my computer multiple times per year, and almost every time I do, I run into issues moving files around on my slave drive, "you do not have permission" or "you need administrator access" and then inevitably I have to rewrite all of the permissions on the entire...
  3. bitlocker not encrypting slave drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker not encrypting slave drive: Hello, I installed bit locker on Windows 10 after upgrading to professional. I do not have a TMP and I setup bit locker to work without. Everything worked without problem. However, bit locker does not see my internal slave hard drive or my external WDD Book. Bit locker can...
  4. BIOS slave drive problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS slave drive problem: Hi there. Having a problem at the moment that I can't sort out. I am running Windows 10 64 bit and when I run it with one SATA HDD connected to SATA1 on my ASUS motherboard and two DVD drives my BIOS displays as follows. Primary IDE Master (Pioneer DVD - RW DV) Primary IDE...
  5. slave microsof claiming

in Windows 10 Customization
    slave microsof claiming: is there anybody who can tell to microsoft to try not to be the world owner ? microsoft is really boring asking me to correct my account after corrected several time . it s clear what they want from all users and i would be grateful if one or theyr rapresentative would...
  6. BIOS slave drive problem

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS slave drive problem: Hi there. Having a problem at the moment that I can't sort out. I am running Windows 10 64 bit and when I run it with one SATA HDD connected to SATA1 on my ASUS motherboard and two DVD drives my BIOS displays as follows. Primary IDE Master (Pioneer DVD - RW DV) Primary IDE...
  7. Moving slave HDD to a new computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving slave HDD to a new computer.: My current desktop has 2 HDDs; a 250GB HDD where WIN10 is installed Master, and a 1TB HDD where games and some files are stored Slave. I am upgrading computers and wish to move the 1TB drive to the new desktop. The new computer has a 500GB HDD with WIN10. I know many games...
  8. Primary Master vs Primary Slave vs Secondary Master vs Secondary Slave

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Primary Master vs Primary Slave vs Secondary Master vs Secondary Slave: I am using Windows 10 1909... I bought a new HDD of 1TB, I completed the windows installation on it. I also have a HDD of 500GB and I have a question about connecting them so that I get priority to 1TB HDD... My Motherboard has 4 slots namely Primary Master, Primary Slave,...
  9. Dual boot: chkdsk errors & missing files when writing to shared slave

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual boot: chkdsk errors & missing files when writing to shared slave: So I am dual-booting between two physical drives: A host drive with Windows10 1803 (SSD/GPT), and a host drive with Windows10 1607 (HDD/MBR). The 1803 is a fresh install via M$ Creation Tool, and the 1607 is my daily driver. I have a SSD/GPT slave shared among the two for...
  10. Mouse pointer is bigger to the slave PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer is bigger to the slave PC: Hi i am running Mouse Without Boarders AKA on Windows 10 to my both PC. I have a set up of 2 screens. My left is the slave and right master. So when i move from the the master to slave the mouse pointer becomes bigger. I checked all settings inside Windows 10. When i move...