Windows 10: Sledgehammer and Windows Update Settings

Discus and support Sledgehammer and Windows Update Settings in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1082 Howdy Folks, *Smile I'm seeking advice on WU settings when using Sledgehammer to initiate WuMgr. Does it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jdUnionngarden, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Sledgehammer and Windows Update Settings

Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1082

Howdy Folks, *Smile

I'm seeking advice on WU settings when using Sledgehammer to initiate WuMgr.
    Does it matter setting updates to "Paused until ..." or should I avoid pausing update with Sledgehammer?

My results haven't changed since the Oct 13th updates were released (see attached). MuMgr shows 2 items but with unknown KB's.

I'm also wondering what has happened to the 2 hidden updates I had prior to Oct 13th: (Windows 10 2004 Feature Update and the pesky KB4023057).

Appreciation goes out to all who read this post and to those who reply!
    *Cool

:)

jdUnionngarden, Oct 21, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 21, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Sledgehammer and Windows Update Settings

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Sledgehammer and Windows Update Settings :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Sledgehammer and Windows Update Settings

1. Sledgehammer and Windows Update Settings - Similar Threads - Sledgehammer Update Settings

2. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings: For a couple of days, I've noticed that windows updates settings don't loadTroubleshooting steps I've taken:1. I've rolled back to a previous update2. I've also ran windows update troubleshooter in troubleshooting options....
  3. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings: For a couple of days, I've noticed that windows updates settings don't loadTroubleshooting steps I've taken:1. I've rolled back to a previous update2. I've also ran windows update troubleshooter in troubleshooting options....
  4. Windows update settings doesn't load in update settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows update in settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update in settings: I am updating in settings and I am getting the update to 1803 for some reason, but im already at 1803 i should be getting 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-in-settings/bb9eed8a-2154-47fa-b91a-f75d8b1d6caf
  6. Updating MS Office 2010 with SledgeHammer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Updating MS Office 2010 with SledgeHammer: I am in the process of 'birthing' my first Win 10 computer and have followed the great advice offered on this forum's sister-board: Making Win10 look and act like Win7 - Windows 7 Help Forums. I have run into on issue and am hoping that someone can point me in the right...
  7. Updating MS Office 2010 with SledgeHammer

Updating MS Office 2010 with SledgeHammer: I am in the process of 'birthing' my first Win 10 computer and have followed the great advice offered on this forum's sister-board: Making Win10 look and act like Win7 - Windows 7 Help Forums. I have run into on issue and am hoping that someone can point me in the right...
  8. is using sledgehammer safe

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    is using sledgehammer safe: i found this post which talks about sledgehammer:- Sledgehammer - Windows 10 Update Control | Page 62 | My Digital Life Forums it says that if you do sfc /scannow then you will get errors. that is because sledgehammer has corrupted the files that are responsible for windows...
  9. Windows updates and settings

Windows updates and settings: Cannot get into settings for Windows updates. Tried everything! Will not let me go to updates at all. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-updates-and-settings/82d424cd-e5b1-4bc5-992d-b0181cfbac54
  10. Set Windows Update Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Set Windows Update Settings: Hi, I just wanna set the following 3 options via registry or a cmd/bat file only: Settings > Update & Security > Advanced Options: 1. enable Notify to schedule restart 2. enable Give me updates for other microsoft products... 3. enable Defer upgrades Just via...