Windows 10: Sleep Activation

Discus and support Sleep Activation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just upgraded from W7 to W10. Am having difficulty determining how to put the computer to sleep. Any Help would be appreciated. Power Icon gives me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by speedbird, Dec 13, 2015.

1. speedbird Win User

Sleep Activation

Just upgraded from W7 to W10. Am having difficulty determining how to put the computer to sleep. Any Help would be appreciated. Power Icon gives me Restart and Shut down only

:)

speedbird, Dec 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 recycles between Sleep and active mode

*Original Title: Computer Not Sleeping

I have upgraded from W7 to W10 but the computer when placed in sleep mode constantly recycles between sleep and active. The monitor is not activated when the computer becomes active.

Can anyone help me please?

Repairman 69, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Computer doesn’t power down on Sleep.

The only solution I have found to keep the PC in sleep mode is to put my hard wired ethernet modem in
    stand-by mode before using the sleep command in Windows 10. The options for sleep mode settings in Windows 10 make no sense at all. All of the provided options for delayed activation of sleep mode cause a wake
    up within minutes of timed delay to activate sleep mode if the ethernet modem is left active.

Dan_White_14424, Dec 13, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

Sleep Activation

Try updating the driver for your video card. That's how I fixed it on my computer.

Winuser, Dec 13, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sleep Activation

1. Sleep Activation - Similar Threads - Sleep Activation

2. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  3. Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Disable sleep mode when remote desktop control is active?: Hello, I had an embarrassing situation today when I was connected to remote desktop when Windows automatically went to sleep. This created a problem with logging in again and I had to solve it through another device. It works now, but the main thing is that it wouldn't have...
  4. Windows 10 Active text fields put windows to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Active text fields put windows to sleep: Has anybody experienced this? If so what can I do about it?Any time there is an active text field in any application…word, notepad, an address bar in a browser, command prompt…anywhere…windows goes to sleep.I can browse the computer, applications, and the Internet clicking...
  5. Windows 10 Active text fields put windows to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Active text fields put windows to sleep: Has anybody experienced this? If so what can I do about it?Any time there is an active text field in any application…word, notepad, an address bar in a browser, command prompt…anywhere…windows goes to sleep.I can browse the computer, applications, and the Internet clicking...
  6. Windows 10 Active text fields put windows to sleep

7. Windows 11 SAFE MODE Sleep How to activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SAFE MODE Sleep How to activate: Hello community. I need to do some sleep tests on my computer in safe mode, but I can't enable this option anywhere. That option is unavailable and I can't or can't find a way to do it. It does NOT appear under power in the "what to do when you close the lid!" options or in...
  8. Windows 11 SAFE MODE Sleep How to activate

Windows 11 SAFE MODE Sleep How to activate: Hello community. I need to do some sleep tests on my computer in safe mode, but I can't enable this option anywhere. That option is unavailable and I can't or can't find a way to do it. It does NOT appear under power in the "what to do when you close the lid!" options or in...
  9. Windows 11 - Going into "Sleep" temporarily while user still active on machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Going into "Sleep" temporarily while user still active on machine: To summarise, I'm trying to help out a friend. They've been using their Lenovo laptop quite frequently and it'll randomly go to a completely black screen, wait a few moments, and then come back, this seemed to happen every hour, my guess is it's each hour from when they turn...
  10. Windows 11 - Going into "Sleep" temporarily while user still active on machine

Windows 11 - Going into "Sleep" temporarily while user still active on machine: To summarise, I'm trying to help out a friend. They've been using their Lenovo laptop quite frequently and it'll randomly go to a completely black screen, wait a few moments, and then come back, this seemed to happen every hour, my guess is it's each hour from when they turn...