Windows 10: Sleep and Display off settings are not working

Discus and support Sleep and Display off settings are not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop display keeps going off before the set time which gets really annoying. In the power option, I have set it as display off at 5 min,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KhieyaAto, Oct 30, 2018.

1. KhieyaAto Win User

Sleep and Display off settings are not working

Hi,

My laptop display keeps going off before the set time which gets really annoying.

In the power option, I have set it as

display off at 5 min, sleep at 10 min (on battery),

display off at 10 min, sleep at 15 min (plugged in).

But this doesnt work at all in both situation. Within a few seconds of inactivity, the display keeps going off and I have to log in everytime. Its gets annoying when I am doing something important specially reading. I have to keep pressing a key or just tap on the trackpad or move the mouse every few seconds to avoid that.

I would greatly appreciate if any one could help in fixing the problem.

:)

KhieyaAto, Oct 30, 2018

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Sleep and Display off settings are not working

Hi Khieya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We’d like to get more information regarding the issue.

1. Since when you are facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes?

We would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below to run power troubleshooter and update drivers.

1. Open Troubleshoot by typing
      Troubleshoot
      in the search bar.
    2. Look for Power and once you click on
      Power.
    3. Click on Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Open Screen Saver settings by typing same in the search bar.
    5. Uncheck the box On resume, display logon screen.
    6. Update drivers for display adapters.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Sleep and Display off settings are not working - Similar Threads - Sleep Display off

2. Lenovo legion 7 slim - setting display off in power settings makes it go to sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo legion 7 slim - setting display off in power settings makes it go to sleep...: Issue im having with my legion, my last lenovo would just turn the display off this one goes into sleep mode no matter what power settings are select. Seems like maybe something in the bios is defaulting any display off function to sleep regardless of what happens. I see some...
  3. Lenovo legion 7 slim - setting display off in power settings makes it go to sleep...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo legion 7 slim - setting display off in power settings makes it go to sleep...: Issue im having with my legion, my last lenovo would just turn the display off this one goes into sleep mode no matter what power settings are select. Seems like maybe something in the bios is defaulting any display off function to sleep regardless of what happens. I see some...
  4. Power & Sleep setting to turn off screen are not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power & Sleep setting to turn off screen are not working: I have the Power & Sleep setting configured for 2 hours, but the screen never turns off. I recently restarted the computer. Would that have changed the Power & Sleep settings?TIA for your help.SweetTasha....
  5. Screen saver, display off, computer to sleep not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver, display off, computer to sleep not working: My screen saver, display off and putting my computer to sleep are not working. All the settings are correct and screensaver is enabled but it's still not working. Windows 10 Version 20H2 Build 19042.906 Last 5 updates: KB5000802 on 3/12/2021 KB4023057 on 2/21/2021...
  6. My windows 10 p.c. wont sleep at set times. The display turns off, but will not sleep..help

My windows 10 p.c. wont sleep at set times. The display turns off, but will not sleep..help: My windows 10 p.c. wont sleep at set times. The display turns off, but will not sleep..help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-pc-wont-sleep-at-set-times-the/5c5e4404-a8f9-4cce-b390-a55e2544e6b0
  7. My PC turns off the display sooner that it set. POWER AND SLEEP

My PC turns off the display sooner that it set. POWER AND SLEEP: Good Day I have encountered a problem whereby the display turns itself before the time it is set to do so. When this problem first occurred, I thought it was a quick fix solution as Screen Timeout is not really a major problem. I have done research about this particular...
  8. Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings

Laptop sleeps when display turns off, regardless of power settings: Hello - When my laptop display turns off after the number of minutes set in "When plugged in, turn off after" the computer goes to sleep even though it's not set to do so. It does not seem to matter what value is set for "When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after", the...
  9. Screen/display sleep not working

Screen/display sleep not working: Recent convert from win7pro to win10pro. Display sleep function worked perfectly under win7pro. After conversion to win10pro, display would sleep at designated interval, but then immediately wake up without any mouse/keyboard action. I've been through all the laborious...
  10. Tablet PC display off timeout -> display deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet PC display off timeout -> display deep sleep?: I have a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S and there is a very annoying problem to do with the display where after it times out, the display will not immediately wake up. Windows isn't in a sleep state as my music still plays in the background while the display is off. I have also...