Windows 10: Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Discus and support Sleep and Hibernate mode restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SherylCalderon, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't want that.

:)

SherylCalderon, Sep 12, 2019

2. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I beg to differ. Hibernation is for whatever situation hibernation is needed for, be it on a desktop or a laptop. For instance, desktop users who suffer from frequent blackouts would rather opt for hibernation instead of sleeping.

AFAIK, Sleep and Hibernate functions don't alter critical system files, so I don't think any permanent damage should occur. Worst I've seen are devices failing to wakeup properly, and that's easily fixed with a simple restart (or, in some cases, unpluging and repluging the device or restarting related services.)

Shihabyooo, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Restarting laptop from sleep mode.

When i click on the power button, sleep, shut down and restart is listed. Hibernation is not an option. How do i activate the Hibernation option?

Floyd Mallory, Sep 12, 2019
  4. kn00tcn Win User

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

kn00tcn, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

1. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart - Similar Threads - Sleep Hibernate mode

2. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  3. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernation or sleep mode?: While trying to troubleshoot my other issue, it appears that I have encountered a new one.Whenever I leave my computer to go to sleep, it seems like my computer randomly shuts down. However, when I press any key, it automatically boots back up. I did disable...
  4. Hibernation or sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restart In Sleep Mode

Restart In Sleep Mode: Sometimes my laptop in sleep going in sleep mode and i try to wake it up with my mouse keyboard my laptop getting restart please help my laptop modal is FX507ZM/FX577ZM...
  6. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  7. Hibernate mode only trigger sleep mode

Hibernate mode only trigger sleep mode: ***moved on english forum***Hi, Sometimes, when I try to activate the hibernation mode for my computer, it only triggers the sleep mode : when I move the mouse it switches on the screen.It happens when/after charging up.Can you help me ?Thanks for your answer,ClementPS : here...
  8. sleep mode -hibernation mode-wakening

sleep mode -hibernation mode-wakening: Hello. I have a question/query .Why with hibernation mode my laptop wake up ''only from me'' and only if i touch power button and with sleep mode wake up itself?I now about task scheduler and that are many programs that are running at specific hours i see many processes like...
  9. Sleep and hibernate modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep and hibernate modes: When I put my computer into either sleep mode or hibernate, the apps are closed down after a certain amount of time, making these modes useless. Is there a fix for this?...
  10. Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes

Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes: Can someone confirm if, when my laptop lid is shut but mains charger plugged in, battery charging still continues - either when in sleep or hibernation mode? (My settings are currently set to "sleep" when lid is closed.) Second, what is the difference between sleep and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 sleep mode

2. my pc goes into skeep and i have to restart