Windows 10: Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Discus and support Sleep and Hibernate mode restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SherylCalderon, Sep 12, 2019 at 10:57 AM.

1. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't want that.

:)

SherylCalderon, Sep 12, 2019 at 10:57 AM

2. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I beg to differ. Hibernation is for whatever situation hibernation is needed for, be it on a desktop or a laptop. For instance, desktop users who suffer from frequent blackouts would rather opt for hibernation instead of sleeping.

AFAIK, Sleep and Hibernate functions don't alter critical system files, so I don't think any permanent damage should occur. Worst I've seen are devices failing to wakeup properly, and that's easily fixed with a simple restart (or, in some cases, unpluging and repluging the device or restarting related services.)

3. Restarting laptop from sleep mode.

When i click on the power button, sleep, shut down and restart is listed. Hibernation is not an option. How do i activate the Hibernation option?

Floyd Mallory, Sep 12, 2019 at 11:01 AM
  4. kn00tcn Win User

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

Thema:

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

1. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart - Similar Threads - Sleep Hibernate mode

2. Sleep and Hibernate Ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Hibernate Ignored: Starting about a week ago my Win 10 system doesn't sleep or hibernate as I request. Although it appears to be OK when I click on "Sleep" or "Hibernate" when I leave the office, when I return a few hours later it only resumes with a restart. In the past they both worked fine,...
  3. BSOD on sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on sleep/hibernate: I am getting a BSOD often when my PC goes into sleep mode. It is not every time, and the error codes I'm getting are different. This started about a month ago and has generated CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION, KERNEL THREAD PRIORITY FLOOR VIOLATION, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, PAGE...
  4. Problem with sleep and hibernation

Problem with sleep and hibernation: This problem seems to have suddenly come out of nowhere. I've done Malware scans and they've turned up nothing and I have looked all over the internet to find an answer and have gotten nowhere. When I try to put my computer to sleep , not a few seconds after my moniters turn...
  5. Sleep & Hibernate

Sleep & Hibernate: Other than maybe creating a custom power plan via Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Create a Power Plan, how do I get my laptop to sleep or hibernate automatically? Long story short, I was using my laptop and Microsoft Edge to watch shows on CBS.com last...
  6. Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate

Windows 10 Pro BootCamp Restarting after sleep/hibernate: Hi everyone, I have decided to start this thread to document any issues with Windows 10 Bootcamp installation from my side of things. Initially, 2 days ago, I decided to install Windows 10 Education (I am a student, so I have free access to this) using Boot Camp...
  7. Sleep and hibernation

Sleep and hibernation: When I put my windows 10 PC to sleep it wakes up again after about 5 minutes, I have also tried hibernation mode and that does not work either, even when unplugging mouse, keyboard and, HDMI lead it still wakes up, I have even tried turning off notifications but still no...
  8. Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes

Charge in Sleep and Hibernation Modes: Can someone confirm if, when my laptop lid is shut but mains charger plugged in, battery charging still continues - either when in sleep or hibernation mode? (My settings are currently set to "sleep" when lid is closed.) Second, what is the difference between sleep and...
  9. SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's?

in Windows 10 Support
    SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's?: The Error Log and Computer Specs are below.My computer recently just stopped waking up from sleep/hibernate and restarts the computer. I really want to know what is causing the problem, and I can't find any further suggestions. Many people think that sleep/hibernation issues...
  10. Hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate mode: Hi all , how can I control the PC go to hibernate mode in 3 hours rather than sleep mode ? Thx 47288

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc goes into skeep and i have to restart