Windows 10: Sleep and lock screen settings problem

Discus and support Sleep and lock screen settings problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,My computer screen locks after about 5 minutes no matter what I change in my computer's power, lock screen and sleep settings. I have to log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dave Barnes1, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Sleep and lock screen settings problem

Hi,My computer screen locks after about 5 minutes no matter what I change in my computer's power, lock screen and sleep settings. I have to log in again every time my computer monitor goes to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.At this point I believe the problem might be because I have 2 separate microsoft accounts. The first is my "company" microsoft account the one that is installed and managed by my work IT dept. while the other is my "personal" microsoft account.Is it possible that some of the sleep and/or lock screen settings are controlled by my "company" account and that they overide

:)

Dave Barnes1, Jan 15, 2023
Thema:

Sleep and lock screen settings problem

1. Sleep and lock screen settings problem - Similar Threads - Sleep lock screen

2. Sleep and lock screen settings problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and lock screen settings problem: Hi,My computer screen locks after about 5 minutes no matter what I change in my computer's power, lock screen and sleep settings. I have to log in again every time my computer monitor goes to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity.At this point I believe the problem might be...
  3. Trying to set lock screen slideshow without computer sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to set lock screen slideshow without computer sleeping: I am running a fully up to date version of Windows 11 home version 21H2. The other day I set a slideshow to appear on the lock screen after inactivity and after a while, noticed that my computer had actually gone to sleep. I have the computer set to never sleep when plugged...
  4. Trying to set lock screen slideshow without computer sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to set lock screen slideshow without computer sleeping: I am running a fully up to date version of Windows 11 home version 21H2. The other day I set a slideshow to appear on the lock screen after inactivity and after a while, noticed that my computer had actually gone to sleep. I have the computer set to never sleep when plugged...
  5. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  6. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  7. Screen and Sleep Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen and Sleep Settings: Why does my HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC not sleep as per my settings? I set screen for never on both power and plugged in and sleep for 15 minutes for battery and 30 minutes for plugged in....
  8. Sleep mode and lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep mode and lock screen: I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks....
  9. Sleep mode locks the screen

Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174
  10. Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.

Problem with screen lockout and sleep settings.: windows screen lock and sleep settings are set above 5 min but screen turns off automatically after 30 secs. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-screen-lockout-and-sleep-settings/7cf4f078-136b-4732-8566-7dc6bf167a21