Windows 10: sleep and power issue

Discus and support sleep and power issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo PC with the latest version of Windows 10 and a HPw17e monitor. Monitor will not wake from sleep. PC is set to sleep after 20 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SLB3911, Oct 7, 2019.

1. SLB3911 Win User

sleep and power issue

I have a Lenovo PC with the latest version of Windows 10 and a HPw17e monitor. Monitor will not wake from sleep. PC is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but it goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but I have to do a hard reboot to have monitor come on. It does not appear to be getting a signal form PC when PC wakes.

:)

SLB3911, Oct 7, 2019

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Oct 7, 2019
  4. sleep and power issue

missing sleep menu in power

Hi,

Missing Sleep option in Power menu is usually caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • When you check the Power options in Control Panel, did you mean that the Sleep option is not displaying in the Shutdown settings?

If you haven't check the Shutdown settings in Control Panel, we suggest to do so and make sure that the Sleep option is enabled. To check the Shutdown settings, follow these steps:

• In Cortana search, type control panel.
    • Choose Control Panel from the list.
    • Click System and Security and select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Shutdown settings, put a tick in the Sleep
      box and click Save changes.

If the Sleep option is already enabled and it still doesn't appear in the Power menu, we recommend that you keep the device drivers up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

sleep and power issue

1. sleep and power issue - Similar Threads - sleep power issue

2. Sleep/Power settings issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep/Power settings issue: I have a W10 machine running latest updates. I have set power to sleep after 15 minutes, but it shuts down instead of going to sleep. I have tried going through all power & sleep settings to no avail. Possibly a registry setting? Anyone have advice?...
  3. Sleep/Power settings issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep/Power settings issue: I have a W10 machine running latest updates. I have set power to sleep after 15 minutes, but it shuts down instead of going to sleep. I have tried going through all power & sleep settings to no avail. Possibly a registry setting? Anyone have advice?...
  4. Sleep/Power settings issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Power/Sleep issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power/Sleep issue: I have a Dell HP Pavillion desktop 590 with windows 11. Since I purchased the computer, it has never been able to restart after it goes into sleep mode requiring me to have to completely disconnect it from the outlet wait about 30 seconds then plug it back in before it will...
  6. Power/Sleep issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power/Sleep issue: I have a Dell HP Pavillion desktop 590 with windows 11. Since I purchased the computer, it has never been able to restart after it goes into sleep mode requiring me to have to completely disconnect it from the outlet wait about 30 seconds then plug it back in before it will...
  7. Power and sleep issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and sleep issue: I'm having a frustrating time with explorer.exe crashing when the monitors wake up.After several hours left alone, when I go to 'wake up' the computer, my desktop background are black, the start menu button is missing and the system tray looks all mangled. The only way to get...
  8. Power/Sleep issues

Power/Sleep issues: Hi All, My Power/Sleep issues only started up after the October updates started to come in. I've tried everything without success. To me it's just another of the things that have plagued Windows since day 1, updates and past issue fixes put forward only to be replaced with...
  9. Power & Sleep

Power & Sleep: Why does windows 10 keep changing the screen back to 15 minutes sleep when I set it to NEVER? Is there any way to make this permanent? This has only happened since recent updates....
  10. sleep/power issue

sleep/power issue: i have an hp laptop that i have set to never turn off, sleep or hibernate when the lid is closed so i can run full av scans at night. however, when i open the laptop up to check the results, the system blinks, then blacks out forcing a reboot. i have set this using advanced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2019 update sleep settings ignored