Windows 10: sleep and power on /off

Discus and support sleep and power on /off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Laptop shutdown takes lot of time and also to wake from the sleep mode.This happens due to the recent update in windows 10. I wish to get a nice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DHEERAJACHARI, Jul 23, 2020.

1. sleep and power on /off

Laptop shutdown takes lot of time and also to wake from the sleep mode.This happens due to the recent update in windows 10. I wish to get a nice response

:)

DHEERAJACHARI, Jul 23, 2020

2. Can't power off or sleep the computer since upgrade to Windows 10

I had window 7 and upgraded to win 10. However, the computer doesn't turn off, when you select the turn off your computer in the windows menu. Instruction people to hard turn off the computer pressing the on/off button is not an option. Where can I get the
    patch to solve this problem? Thank you.

srvictormanuel, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Can't power off or sleep the computer since upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Click on Windows button and then go to Settings.
    • Click on Power and sleep Option.
    • Select Additional power settings.
    • From the left corner select Choose what the power button does.
    • Under power button settings when I press the power button select
      Shut Down.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 4, 2020
  4. sleep and power on /off

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

sleep and power on /off

1. sleep and power on /off - Similar Threads - sleep power off

2. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  3. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  4. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer powers off when selecting sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer powers off when selecting sleep: Been experiencing issues where my desktop just shuts off when going into sleep mode. It happens whether I let the machine idle or even when I manually select sleep from the windows start menu. It seems like it completes the sleep prep process but then after a few seconds...
  6. Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly: Recently I noticed that my PC power and sleep functions seem to be operating improperly or not at all. I have my power button set to put my PC to sleep. This would stop my fans, turn off my PC lights for power reduction, and shut off the lights to all my peripherals. Now all...
  7. Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly: Recently I noticed that my PC power and sleep functions seem to be operating improperly or not at all. I have my power button set to put my PC to sleep. This would stop my fans, turn off my PC lights for power reduction, and shut off the lights to all my peripherals. Now all...
  8. sleep power on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep power on and off: after updating my windows this week my laptop powers on and off very slowly? I have tried to adjust with no change ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-power-on-and-off/66abdead-8a31-4f67-a6bb-1f99a117e0e7
  9. PC Power off/sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Power off/sleep: Windows will not let my PC power off or go into 'sleep' mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-power-offsleep/85539172-e49a-47f8-bb69-19fee5d1aae2
  10. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC - Power Off - Sleep mode: 10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057. After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain correct key used to turn off. Appreciate assistance please. Rgds. 131083