Windows 10: Sleep and Screen Saver

Discus and support Sleep and Screen Saver in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have two problems that might be related. They both started after a Windows 10 update or attempt at an update. 1) When I put my PC to sleep it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JayGarow, Dec 16, 2018.

1. JayGarow Win User

Sleep and Screen Saver

I have two problems that might be related. They both started after a Windows 10 update or attempt at an update.

1) When I put my PC to sleep it does not stay asleep. It wakes up usually within about a minute.

2) My screen saver does not work.

:)

JayGarow, Dec 16, 2018

2. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    screen saver

Hi Kenneth,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand your Screen Saver concern. Kindly answer the following:

• How did you disable wake up password?
    • Are you seeing the log-in screen when waking up the computer from sleep?
    • How did you set up the Screen Saver? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you did it.

Argel Obm, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Sleep and Screen Saver

screen saver

Hi Erik,

We need additional information to better assist you with your concern. Please provide the following information:

• How did you configure the screen saver settings and sleep settings?
    • Was this the first time you configured the screen saver and sleep settings on the Toshiba laptop? Was it working properly before?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the laptop prior to the issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows are you using on the Toshiba laptop?

To know your Windows OS build and version, you can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type winver then hit Enter.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Jezhel Uga, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Sleep and Screen Saver

1. Sleep and Screen Saver - Similar Threads - Sleep Screen Saver

2. Sleep and screen saver mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and screen saver mode: I am running windows 11 and have an issue with sleep mode and screen saver not kicking in automatically. I have been speaking to online Microsoft techs who tried various methods including reinstalling windows, but nothing is resolving the issue....
  3. Sleep and screen saver mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and screen saver mode: I am running windows 11 and have an issue with sleep mode and screen saver not kicking in automatically. I have been speaking to online Microsoft techs who tried various methods including reinstalling windows, but nothing is resolving the issue....
  4. Windows 11 Screen saver and Sleep settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screen saver and Sleep settings: Hey there,First time posting here since I couldn't really find a clear answer on what I am experiencing.I recently upgraded my desktop to Windows 11 and am trying to replicate my old screensaver and sleep setting from Windows 10, but it doesn't seem Windows 11 is allowing...
  5. Windows 11 Screen saver and Sleep settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Screen saver and Sleep settings: Hey there,First time posting here since I couldn't really find a clear answer on what I am experiencing.I recently upgraded my desktop to Windows 11 and am trying to replicate my old screensaver and sleep setting from Windows 10, but it doesn't seem Windows 11 is allowing...
  6. Power, Screen saver, and Sleep settings have no affect

in Windows 10 Support
    Power, Screen saver, and Sleep settings have no affect: I have just recently done a clean install of Win 10. This install is the only thing on this computer at this time. I was surprised to see the monitor still on in the morning after the install. From Settings > Power and Sleep I set the screen off after 10 minutes and sleep...
  7. screen saver and sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen saver and sleep mode: How do i turn off the screen saver when my computer is in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-and-sleep-mode/ed3cc0af-5e94-49c3-bb50-d8a4d6d91782
  8. Display Not Going To Sleep And no Screen Saver

Display Not Going To Sleep And no Screen Saver: I have two monitors connected to my Windows 10 PC. They are both HD. I just want them to switch off automatically but they never do. I have followed all the rules on the Microsoft Website but it still stays on forever. Even if I could just get the Screen Saver to work....
  9. Screen does not go into screen saver nor sleep node.

Screen does not go into screen saver nor sleep node.: Hello, The screen saver is not initiated and the screen doesn't go into sleep mode. Settings: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Appreciate your assistance with this issue. Thank you. Best,...
  10. Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.

Power saving options (screen saver & sleep) not working.: Hello all, Like the topic of the post says, the power options are not working correctly. I set the time for the screen saver to come on as well as the timer to put the computer to sleep and after monitoring the computer, neither did as was intended. I have manipulated the...