Windows 10: Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display

Discus and support Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I use a surface pro 7 and when I connect it to an external display with Microsoft wireless display adapter, the sleep and screen savor functions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SiavashAfshar, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display

Hi

I use a surface pro 7 and when I connect it to an external display with Microsoft wireless display adapter, the sleep and screen savor functions won't work, and the pc and both monitors will be on 24/7. when I disconnect the display it works like a charm.

:)

SiavashAfshar, Mar 1, 2021

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Mar 1, 2021
  3. DwayneM Win User
    Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts

My laptop does not sleep automatically...ever when connected to the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse with the laptop closed and connected to a Monitor. Here are my Power & sleep settings:

Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display [​IMG]

Also, no matter how long I leave my system untouched, the screensaver never starts. Here are those settings:

Any suggestions? I am under the assumption that resolving one issue would resolve both.

Here is the output of powercfg /lastwake, powercfg /requests, and powercfg /waketimers

The listed waketimer presumably is required by Acronis backup as I have a backup scheduled at 4am daily.

DwayneM, Mar 1, 2021
  4. tamo Win User

Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

tamo, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display

1. Sleep and Screensaver won't working when connected to external display - Similar Threads - Sleep Screensaver won't

2. My screensaver and sleep not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screensaver and sleep not working: Before you share a response with basic troubleshooting steps , I’ve tried them all. Here’s what I was able to narrow it down to. when I’m on the desktop with no windows or apps open, just showing wallpaper no slideshow screen saver/sleep will not work. However if I open a...
  3. My screensaver and sleep not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screensaver and sleep not working: Before you share a response with basic troubleshooting steps , I’ve tried them all. Here’s what I was able to narrow it down to. when I’m on the desktop with no windows or apps open, just showing wallpaper no slideshow screen saver/sleep will not work. However if I open a...
  4. Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working: A few weeks ago, I can't remember exactly when it occurred my screensaver and display sleep functions just completely stopped working. I have tried every trick in the book. I have updated my BIOS and chipset drivers. Powercfg -requests shows an audio stream running from...
  5. Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Screensaver / Display Sleep functions not working: A few weeks ago, I can't remember exactly when it occurred my screensaver and display sleep functions just completely stopped working. I have tried every trick in the book. I have updated my BIOS and chipset drivers. Powercfg -requests shows an audio stream running from...
  6. Spinning Text Screensaver Not Working... Display Shuts Off, but Screensaver Won't Activate!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spinning Text Screensaver Not Working... Display Shuts Off, but Screensaver Won't Activate!: Yo, first post. Never had the need to post here before, but this is seriously buggin' me. I have my power settings all sorted out, the screen saver preview looks good, it works in the personalization menu and everything, but when I leave my computer to do it by itself?...
  7. sleep/screensaver work unreliably

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sleep/screensaver work unreliably: yea, i know all the powercfg stuff. nothing there, nothing even set to wake. the issue is that certain things make windows enter a state of "i don't care what settings you have". i can restart my PC and test my sleep/screensaver timeouts, they work. if you put the PC to...
  8. Screensaver Won't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Won't Work: I have a windows 10 2 in 1 dell inspiron 1500 and for some reason my screensavers wont work. I don't use a mouse device as my screen is touch activated so that's not an issue. My power/battery setup is not a problem as its set on recommended. So why else are my...
  9. Speakers won't work with external display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers won't work with external display: I actually have two issues (the second being that the built-in microphone isn't working, but that's the least of my worries). I have my laptop connected to an external monitor & I can't get any non-system sounds to play. Dell Laptop w/ only HDMI video connected to Dell VGA...
  10. Monitor won't sleep, screensaver won't come on

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor won't sleep, screensaver won't come on: New PC build: 8700k, Z370 board, GTX 1080 Ti, Win 10 Home, all latest drivers and BIOS updates The monitor won't enter sleep mode and the screen saver won't come on either. Have tried resetting Power Options to default. Unplugged all USB devices. Does anyone have any...