Windows 10: Sleep button in start menu restarts computer.

Discus and support Sleep button in start menu restarts computer. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; As my title says, when I press the sleep button or when the timer to put my computer to sleep runs out the computer goes to sleep but immediately wakes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by XxJaywill10xX, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Sleep button in start menu restarts computer.

As my title says, when I press the sleep button or when the timer to put my computer to sleep runs out the computer goes to sleep but immediately wakes up with a black screen and the windows logo with the dotted loading circle. It appears the computer restarts but at no point does it state that it restarted. It then prompts me to sign in, when I do all programs have closed. When I open Chrome it tells me it didn't shut down properly which tells me the computer either restarted or crashed. I've looked into turning off fast start up. I adjusted the Hybrid sleep setting. I updated my graphics card. I ran the power troubleshooter and it tells me nothing is wrong. I've looked up and down the forums yet no solution works. This computer is a brand new custom build, I don't understand why this is happening. Can anyone help with an actual solution?

:)

XxJaywill10xX, Jan 4, 2020
  2. duffman55 Win User

Power Button Sleep Stops Working Until Restart in Windows 10

I believe I've narrowed down to issue to when I wake up the computer with the power button, then it won't go to sleep again with the power button. I was mistaken about needing to restart Windows to get the power button to work with sleep again. If I use the start menu power to sleep because the physical power button isn't putting my computer to sleep, then wake it up with the keyboard, I can then sleep the computer with the power button again.

Can anyone confirm their computer is behaving the same way?

duffman55, Jan 4, 2020
  3. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Maggidon Win User

Sleep button in start menu restarts computer.

Start Menu

Interesting suggestions. It's strange but if I right click on the Start Menu and put it to sleep from there, the Start Menu is not up when I bring the computer to sleep. So these to options, right clicking on the Start Menu or hitting the Power Bar to put it to sleep keeps the Start Menu from being there when I awaken the computer. Putting the computer to sleep from within the Start Menu has the Start Menu up in my face when I bring the computer out of sleep. Isn't that kind of weird?

Maggidon, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Sleep button in start menu restarts computer.

1. Sleep button in start menu restarts computer. - Similar Threads - Sleep button start

2. Start Menu Buttons not responsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Menu Buttons not responsive: Hi Community,I had this issue before and now it comes back again. So here's the issue:This issue only occurs when my PC wakes up I normally put it to sleep instead of turning off. The buttons on the menu bar that related to Win10 system becomes not responsive. For example, I...
  3. When i press the power button in the start menu only the options sleep and restart are...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When i press the power button in the start menu only the options sleep and restart are...: Ive searched google for like 2 hours but couldn't find anything that fixed it submitted by /u/kiram3ki [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lrq9uj/when_i_press_the_power_button_in_the_start_menu/
  4. shutdown,sleep,restart is missing in start power menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown,sleep,restart is missing in start power menu: whenever i click on power button on start menu it shows there are no power option currently available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdownsleeprestart-is-missing-in-start-power/8136bb96-7481-4404-a2c7-649ff62a20dd
  5. Start Menu Button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Button: My Start Menu button will not leave the corner even when I am in full screen on some other program [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/c5a7c99c-090b-4c74-a246-a01a05a75bf8
  6. sleep button,sleep menu problems

sleep button,sleep menu problems: hello i uninstalled something and the sleep button wont show up not even in the control panel it only has turn off and restart..please help me[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-buttonsleep-menu-problems/aa031eb6-6b5a-43c7-a0f1-81c7c8cc2b33
  7. How can the restart button be removed from the start menu?

How can the restart button be removed from the start menu?: Since restarting my computer is a hassle and a no-go I would like to remove the restart button from the start menu. This would ensure that should I forget that my computer doesn't restart I don't accidentally choose it while my mind is occupied with some task like I did...
  8. start menu button.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu button.: when I press start menu button the apps are all over the screen and theres no list of programs. Its a new laptop days old acer aspire 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button/cd973177-9c07-41bc-9018-11f19c89242c
  9. Start menu button size

Start menu button size: How do I change the size of the menu buttons in the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button-size/9aea2aec-bd37-4def-845b-0b01d1631434
  10. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...