Windows 10: sleep button missing

Discus and support sleep button missing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Sleep button disappeared from Start > Power. I have tried everything I've seen on Google or MS. Power and Sleep > choose what the power buttons do >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Carole 777, Feb 12, 2020.

1. sleep button missing

Sleep button disappeared from Start > Power. I have tried everything I've seen on Google or MS.

Power and Sleep > choose what the power buttons do > change settings that are currently unavailable > shutdown settings. The only options there are 1 turn on fast startup checked, 2 hibernate not checked because I do not want it to hibernate and when I tried it I ended up having to shut down the PC manually because it would not let me enter my pin, 3 lock checked.

The tech I chatted with thought that when I clicked on Change settings that are currently unavailable, I should have gotten a new screen that actually sounded like it might've worked. But I did not get a new screen.

The one thing that might have caused this problem is that I had used a tech from another company who had control of my computer. He did fix the problem that I had contacted him for; a very difficult problem to find. This problem arose following that chat. I figure if worst comes to worst, I can try to reconnect. But it's a huge company, and I don't know if that will work. The first change I noticed after he worked on it was that the screen was gray instead of black when it went to sleep after not being used for a while. Don't know if that means anything.

Right now, I just have the settings set to sleep after fifteen minutes. And I'll use that to let it go to sleep at night.

I am not very technically adept.

:)

Carole 777, Feb 12, 2020

2. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    No off button when in sleep mode

Hi Larry,

This may be caused by missing or corrupted system files on your laptop. We'd like to know a few things to know what suggestion will work best for you. Please answer the following questions:

• Do you see the other options on the screen when you wake your laptop from sleep?
    • Do you see the power button on the sign-in page when you boot up the device?

We suggest you run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files that may have caused the power button to disappear. You can click this

link
    to know how the tool works and how you can use it on your laptop. Restart your device afterwards and see if the problem will still be present.

If you still encounter the issue, see this
    page
    for the next steps. Follow DavidBaker85's suggestions.

We hope the recommendations above bring back the power button on your laptop's sign-in page.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

sleep button missing

Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

sleep button missing

1. sleep button missing - Similar Threads - sleep button missing

2. sleep button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sleep button: is there a better option or a shortcut for a sleep button every time I try the recommended shortcut it shuts down the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-button/095c521a-7110-470d-bb14-2a9502b48db8
  3. sleep button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sleep button: is there a better option or a shortcut for a sleep button every time I try the recommended shortcut it shuts down the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-button/095c521a-7110-470d-bb14-2a9502b48db8
  4. Sleep Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Button: Anyone else had their Sleep Button disappear this morning? Any ideas how to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-button/341bb71b-2545-4d65-808f-91b3330b91ee
  5. Sleep Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Button: Anyone else had their Sleep Button disappear this morning? Any ideas how to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-button/341bb71b-2545-4d65-808f-91b3330b91ee
  6. Sleep Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Missing button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing button: Whenever I got to change my time It says would you like to let this control your device but I can't ever put yes because the button is not there. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-button/6cf8b0a5-3496-4918-92f7-d40cc5b7c3c1
  8. sleep button

sleep button: so i have recently been playing among us with my friend, and steam had to update, so it did and everything was fine i think among us, was running smoothly, im pretty sure i still had the sleep option. i turned off my computer because i had to go, and when i got back i turned...
  9. What is sleep button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is sleep button?: I am at the power settings and I see three options... When I press the power button When I press the sleep button When I close the lid What is the sleep buttton. i don't know. I have a Dell G5 SE or Dell G5 5505... I have read the service manual and I can't seem to...
  10. sleep is missing!

sleep is missing!: after changing my drive, i lost sleep option, after i start i only have SHUT DOWN and RESTART. the sleep option is missing. can i have it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-is-missing/77f8ae65-8608-4415-82f2-c0ddfa748653