Windows 10: Sleep button not available

Discus and support Sleep button not available in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 pro PC, and I used to be able to click the start button in the bottom left corner, hit power, and have the option to sleep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MichachelGD, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Sleep button not available

I have a windows 10 pro PC, and I used to be able to click the start button in the bottom left corner, hit power, and have the option to sleep, restart, or shut down, for a reason unknown to me, the sleep button has disappeared. I tried going into control panel to change advanced power settings and going to "change what the power buttons do", I have gone into the registry editor, I have done everything the internet has told me to do but it still doesn't work. I am trying to avoid doing a clean install of windows, because I have a lot of apps on my PC that would take a lot of time to reinstall, but if that is my only option I will do it. if you have any other ideas, please let me know. thanks!

submitted by /u/MichachelGD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MichachelGD, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Oct 27, 2020
  3. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Oct 27, 2020
  4. kobib Win User

Sleep button not available

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up.

Sleep button not available [​IMG]

I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums.
    1. All the drivers updated
    2. Turn of all wake timers and allow device to wake up the computer from mouse, keyboard, Realtek PCIe Controller, Wireless AC.
    3. Turn "wake computer" from UpdateOrchestrator in Task Scheduler
    4. Run all the troubleshooters from windows
    5. Reinstalled Windows latest build
    6. Tried on older Windows build

Has anyone can suggest anything else ?
    It drives me crazy , its suddenly happened and now a can't find any solution

kobib, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Sleep button not available

1. Sleep button not available - Similar Threads - Sleep button available

2. sleep button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sleep button: is there a better option or a shortcut for a sleep button every time I try the recommended shortcut it shuts down the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-button/095c521a-7110-470d-bb14-2a9502b48db8
  3. sleep button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sleep button: is there a better option or a shortcut for a sleep button every time I try the recommended shortcut it shuts down the computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-button/095c521a-7110-470d-bb14-2a9502b48db8
  4. Sleep Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Button: Anyone else had their Sleep Button disappear this morning? Any ideas how to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-button/341bb71b-2545-4d65-808f-91b3330b91ee
  5. Sleep Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Button: Anyone else had their Sleep Button disappear this morning? Any ideas how to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-button/341bb71b-2545-4d65-808f-91b3330b91ee
  6. Sleep Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. sleep button

sleep button: so i have recently been playing among us with my friend, and steam had to update, so it did and everything was fine i think among us, was running smoothly, im pretty sure i still had the sleep option. i turned off my computer because i had to go, and when i got back i turned...
  8. What is sleep button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is sleep button?: I am at the power settings and I see three options... When I press the power button When I press the sleep button When I close the lid What is the sleep buttton. i don't know. I have a Dell G5 SE or Dell G5 5505... I have read the service manual and I can't seem to...
  9. sleep button missing

sleep button missing: Sleep button disappeared from Start > Power. I have tried everything I've seen on Google or MS. Power and Sleep > choose what the power buttons do > change settings that are currently unavailable > shutdown settings. The only options there are 1 turn on fast startup...
  10. Rip button not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rip button not available: I running Windows 10. When executing Windows Media Player, then inserting a CD, it begins playing the CD even though I have set the options to Ask me every time. What I want to do is rip the songs to my PC, but there is no Rip button displayed. Please help....