Windows 10: Sleep button shuts down my computer

Discus and support Sleep button shuts down my computer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently started encountering a problem whereby my laptop shuts down when I put it to sleep, meaning that files close without saving and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by durosope, Feb 22, 2019.

1. durosope Win User

Sleep button shuts down my computer

Hi, I have recently started encountering a problem whereby my laptop shuts down when I put it to sleep, meaning that files close without saving and I have to start using autorecover and browser closes too.

I have checked my power options and no issues there.

I am wondering if it could be as a result of recently-installed updates (I installed Windows updates KB4485449 and KB4487017 some days ago).

So, could you please advise me what to do to resolve the issue?

Thanks

:)

durosope, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Slions Win User
    Slions, Feb 22, 2019
  3. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Sleep button shuts down my computer

Computer shuts down instead of going in to sleep mode

Since two weeks my Dell laptop is shutting down every time when:

• Closing the laptop
    • Pressing the power button short
    • Manually via the Start Menu
    All these options are set to Sleep Mode and not Shut Down.

EgonMeijers, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Sleep button shuts down my computer

1. Sleep button shuts down my computer - Similar Threads - Sleep button shuts

2. My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button: I've had the issue of my PC completely shutting down when attempting to put it in sleep mode since I've gotten it. It was originally built for my cousin, but ended up in my hands. I practically know nothjng about the software, but have done my best in trying to solve the...
  3. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer: Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  4. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer: Hi,When I click the sleep option in the power tab in the start menu, my computer acts as if its sleeping, but when I go to turn on my computer again, even after 1-2 minutes, it boots up again as if it had been shut down.I have a ASUS GL552VW, with Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  5. [WIN10] Sleep shuts down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer shuts down instead of sleep

Computer shuts down instead of sleep: I've been having this issue where instead of the computer going to sleep, it shuts down instead. I've reinstalled BIOS, reinstalled Windows 10, disabled fast startup, none has worked. Checked my disk with HD Tune Error Scan Short Generic Long Generic Event Viewer...
  7. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  8. Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my computer will not shut down when I clicked on the shut down button?: My computer using window 10 would not shut down when I clicked on the shut down menu. Please advise thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-will-not-shut-down-when-i-clicked/dd1a9cb1-d312-4110-bc16-463bec48b6de
  9. Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer refuses to shut down or sleep.: Hey everybody! I've found these forums to be a tremendous help with other troubleshooting issues I've had in the past. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out again! Anyway, the problem is that the whenever I shut down my computer, there's a very short delay...
  10. Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Just Shuts Down Computer: Hello. After I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my sleep feature quit working properly. There was a point in time a couple months back it did work, but since I hardly use it I didn't notice a problem. Recently I decided I'd start using it, and that's when I noticed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sleep button shuts down