Windows 10: Sleep Button

Discus and support Sleep Button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Anyone else had their Sleep Button disappear this morning? Any ideas how to get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Gailybird45, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Sleep Button

Anyone else had their Sleep Button disappear this morning? Any ideas how to get it back?

:)

Gailybird45, Feb 22, 2022

2. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Feb 22, 2022
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Feb 22, 2022
  4. kobib Win User

Sleep Button

PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up.

Sleep Button [​IMG]

I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums.
    1. All the drivers updated
    2. Turn of all wake timers and allow device to wake up the computer from mouse, keyboard, Realtek PCIe Controller, Wireless AC.
    3. Turn "wake computer" from UpdateOrchestrator in Task Scheduler
    4. Run all the troubleshooters from windows
    5. Reinstalled Windows latest build
    6. Tried on older Windows build

Has anyone can suggest anything else ?
    It drives me crazy , its suddenly happened and now a can't find any solution

kobib, Feb 22, 2022
Thema:

Sleep Button

1. Sleep Button - Similar Threads - Sleep Button

2. I am not finding the sleep button on my Windows 11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not finding the sleep button on my Windows 11 laptop.: I am using HP EliteBook 840 G5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-finding-the-sleep-button-on-my-windows-11/50a818c3-f857-4bef-ad50-21ecc5a5d647
  3. I am not finding the sleep button on my Windows 11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am not finding the sleep button on my Windows 11 laptop.: I am using HP EliteBook 840 G5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-finding-the-sleep-button-on-my-windows-11/50a818c3-f857-4bef-ad50-21ecc5a5d647
  4. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  5. Sleep mode and power button isn't working

Sleep mode and power button isn't working: For some reason the power button/ sleep mode doesn't want to actually turn off the computer. It turns off the monitor for a second and then just turns it back on on the lock screen 2 seconds after and no matter how many times I press the power button or try to turn it to...
  6. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also<Changed to a question>...
  7. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also...
  8. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work: Actually I need help because I run one programs that was for exam only but by that my computer has no options on power like of shut down , sleep, restart so how do I solve it and it doesn't work by short key also...
  9. Power button has no options of shut down,sleep, restart and these functions doesn't work

10. Can't wake the laptop after sleep by pressing mouse or keyboard button.

Can't wake the laptop after sleep by pressing mouse or keyboard button.: After updating my windows 10 laptop that i have not update for 2-3 years i'm having a difficulty to wake my laptop back from sleep by pressing mouse and keyboard button which is work perfectly before. New update seemly has tempered some settings in my laptop which is i don't...