Windows 10: Sleep changes to shutdown

Discus and support Sleep changes to shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When i put my laptop on sleep and when i try to wake it up after apprximately 30 mins .i saw that the laptop has shut down when it was on sleep...plz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MihirDhawan1, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Sleep changes to shutdown

When i put my laptop on sleep and when i try to wake it up after apprximately 30 mins .i saw that the laptop has shut down when it was on sleep...plz fiz it

:)

MihirDhawan1, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your shutdown, sleep and IE issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    No. It is happening since the time I installed/purchased ASUS laptop.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?
    I have not done anythng for IE issue, but it happens on my DELL system also. But for ASUS system's shutdown/sleep , I just unchecked the fast startup option in power settings as I read in most cases when I searched fo similar
    problem. It worked for most of them, but not for me.

RevivalTech, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Sleep changes to shutdown

Windows Will Not Sleep or Shutdown from Start Menu

Hello! I can't get my PC to go to Sleep, or Shutdown using any of the typically proper methods. When I try to shutdown the PC it starts to shutdown, screen goes black and then wakes back up to the login screen.

I have gone through and disabled all of the devices that might other wise prevent this from happening. I have done the following to try and remedy the issue.
    • Check the powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
      • This returns a NONE after disabling devices from Device Management
    • Ran powercfg -lastwake
      • Wake History Count - 0
    • Opened my Power Options > Multimedia Settings > When sharing media > Setting: Allow the computer to sleep

I have recently completed a clean windows install. One of the changes that I have noticed was that my BIOS now runs in UEFI mode, not Legacy. I'm not sure that this matters or not, but in my BIOS menu, the Boot Manager only list the Windows Boot Manger, not a list of devices.

Thank you any guidance would be appreciated, I would love to be able to Sleep and Shutdown my computer properly again.

jgilbreath, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Sleep changes to shutdown

1. Sleep changes to shutdown - Similar Threads - Sleep changes shutdown

2. Sleep vs shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep vs shutdown: I just bought a new hard drive that is running Windows 11 Professional. Is it better to shut down the computer at the end of the day use it occasionally throughout the day, or is it better to have it go into sleep mode?Thanks,Carol...
  3. Sleep vs shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep vs shutdown: I just bought a new hard drive that is running Windows 11 Professional. Is it better to shut down the computer at the end of the day use it occasionally throughout the day, or is it better to have it go into sleep mode?Thanks,Carol...
  4. Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?: I'm using AMD laptop. Which is best to use? Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep? I heard Macbook are recommended to use Sleep, Does it same to Windows laptop? Which three consume more and least power?...
  5. Shutdown and Sleep Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown and Sleep Problem: I have Windows 10 in my HP Pavilion 15 Laptop. I am not able to shutdown my laptop even not able to put my laptop on sleep mode. Whenever, I shutdown my laptop its screen became blank and hard disk stop running while power button & Power led still show light. In that...
  6. Sleep/shutdown problems

Sleep/shutdown problems: I have been suffering from a wake from sleep/on from shutdown problem for a while now. On all current updated windows 10 20.04, chipset drivers for mobo mobo and processor, current radeon drivers for gpu. All current optional windows drivers have been tried as well. My rig:...
  7. Sleep and Shutdown

Sleep and Shutdown: This problem is really ridiculous. There are 3 pc's in the house and the main oneMINE has the problem.I have tried everything in all the previous folks that have the same problem to no sleep or shutdown. I have been just turning off monitors so they aren't damaged,if that...
  8. Monitor will not sleep on shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor will not sleep on shutdown: Hi, I just changed from DVI to HDMI and now when I shutdown my computer my monitor will not enter sleep mode, and will display 'Cable Not Connected' as shown in the image attached. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. [img] 36724
  9. Shutdown/Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/Sleep Issue.: Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer any thoughts or advice. i'm running W10 from a W7 upgrade, and it's been pretty good so far. last night though i had an issue that occurred once before a month or so back. basically, i went to shut down, and instead of the usual blue...
  10. Sleep instead of Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep instead of Shutdown: I have a desktop computer running Windows 10. It has been working with no problems. Recently it stopped shutting down. When shutdown is selected, it appears to shutdown, the monitor reports the video signal is lost and the lights go off on the PC. However it you touch...