Windows 10: Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly

Discus and support Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using a brand new Asus ZenBook Flip UX360CA, and closing the lid causes strange behavior. It always sleeps and wakes like it should, and very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sanguich, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Sanguich Win User

Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly

I am using a brand new Asus ZenBook Flip UX360CA, and closing the lid causes strange behavior. It always sleeps and wakes like it should, and very quickly, but not quite right. It's subtle sometimes; if I left it closed overnight I might not even realize something had changed until I needed something online and realized Chrome wasn't open like I'd left it last night.

It's especially confusing because Chrome didn't CRASH, it closed normally and starts again without issue. At least 5 times as of writing.

Even MORE subtle is the reorganizing. Just now I had MS Word open, along with some other windows. While the cursor was still blinking in my document, I shut the lid, opened it a few seconds later, and now I see explorer on top, with Word being #2 on the alt-tab list. It's one of those question-your-own-sanity type deals.

The closing program problem is harder to replicate, but for whatever reason, Chrome is the biggest offender. I've updated Windows and all drivers, reset power options, disabled hibernate, checked for new bios, and basically every other random thing I could find on Google, to no avail.

I have used many computers and every version of Windows since 3.1, and I've never seen anything like this. The only thing I can think is that it's the first laptop with a touch screen I've owned. I've only a few days left to return it, and despite everything else working great, I'm probably going to if I can't fix this. Thank you, any advice is appreciated.

Addendum: testing this just now, I slapped the lid open and closed several times in a row and... I'm speechless.

1. windows reordered
    2. nothing changed, so I clicked on chrome
    3. chrome opened on a different TAB, so I clicked back to the previous one
    4. chrome moved that tab to its own separate window
    5. my screen just says REDRUM over and over.

...Number 5 is a joke, but 4 is all too real. nothing in all my computer experiences is helping me explain just how the HELL that happened. Please recommend fixes/priests

:)

Sanguich, Dec 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 Email Accounts

How do I reorder the email accounts in Windows 10? I have 8 Email accounts and I do not like the order in which Windows 10 randomly put them. Thank you for an answer that actually works.

BlessMePLZ, Dec 11, 2016
  3. AMcGeachy Win User
    photo reordering

I hate to bring this up BUT has anybody found a way to reorder their photos with any program that runs on windows 10. I want to reorder my photos in my order not a pre-selected order determined by Windows 10

cheers

AMcGeachy, Dec 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, obvious question (if not covered in above): if you put the laptop to sleep using a mouse from e.g. the start button, and resume, do you see any difference in behaviour? (I.e. separate the sleep issue from
    a. physical movement of your laptop
    b. the lid and touch screen)

dalchina, Dec 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Sleep closes/reorders programs randomly - Similar Threads - Sleep closes reorders

2. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  3. Programs Randomly Closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Randomly Closing: My programs keep randomly closing and I have absolutely no idea why it's occurring in the first place. I'm not getting any error messages. I already looked at a thread that had something similar going on, but that person has error messages regarding being out of memory. This...
  4. Program to reorder+rename windows of a single program on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program to reorder+rename windows of a single program on the taskbar?: Hello, I am looking for a program which can reorder and rename windows of a single program on the taskbar and will remember positions and names, even after program is closed and reopened! So far nothing I found worked! Thanks! 179009
  5. Programs keep closing randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs keep closing randomly: I'm having a problem where opening a program causes a bunch of other programs to close. For example, if I have my anti-virus open and try to open steam, steam opens but the AV closes. When I check task manager, the AV is still open in the background, and when I reopen the AV...
  6. Programs close upon sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs close upon sleep: So whether my pc goes to sleep on it’s own or I set it to sleep, whenever I wake it back up all my programs were closed. I googled, YouTubed, reached out to a tech, etc and tried following everything. I still can find the fix. I just built the pc a couple of days ago. Any...
  7. All Programs close on sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Programs close on sleep: On my laptop when I open the lid all of the programs are shut off, my keyboard lights are off and it takes a few minutes to log in and open up. It appears that when I close the lid and re-open it is just like turning the power on. I close lid for 30 seconds and then I am 5...
  8. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...
  9. Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Randomly Closing Programs: I was having an issue where Win 10 would just randomly close anything that was open and take me back to desktop. This would happen with office 2016 programs, browsers, other software and games. Every thread relating to this on this forum had the same answers such as run SFC...
  10. Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly closes programs on sleep: Hi, I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. This is my first experience with Win 10. Since day one I've noticed that on occasion the computer will awaken after sleeping and some or all of my open programs will have been closed. This includes Google Chrome,...