Windows 10: Sleep Diagnostics show only "Working" state

Discus and support Sleep Diagnostics show only "Working" state in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Brink's tutorial on sleep diagnostics I came up with this: [img] Way down the list there was one valid "3" sleep, but that's it. What's going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kupuna, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Kupuna Win User

Sleep Diagnostics show only "Working" state

Using Brink's tutorial on sleep diagnostics I came up with this:

Sleep Diagnostics show only "Working" state [​IMG]

Way down the list there was one valid "3" sleep, but that's it.
    What's going on? I don't know how to interpret the data.

:)

Kupuna, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Jeraldine Ase Win User

Sleep mode not working only after I use it for an hour

Hi Vive,

To address your concern, since you've already tried doing the Power Troubleshooter, we suggest that we try doing manual troubleshooting. Follow the steps below for instructions:

• Click the Windows key + R, then run the following command:
      cd %userprofile%\Desktop
    • powercfg /a — This will allow you to get the available sleep states supprted by your machine. Kindly take a screenshot once done so you can show us if Standby (SO) is supported on your machine. If it is supported though, you may proceed
      to the third step.
    • powercfg /sleepstudy — This will get the diagnostics for connected standby report and it will be saved on Desktop, You may send us a screenshot on this as well.
    • powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics — This will generate a diagnostic report of system sleep transitions saved on the Desktop. Take a screenshot and send this as well.

We look forward to your response.

Jeraldine Ase, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10.

You mentioned that Bluetooth isn't working only if the computer have just been activated after sleep. To further isolate the issue, we suggest that you turn off hibernation. Follow this step by step instructions:

• Right click on the Start Menu button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter the following line: powercfg /h off
    • Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Sleep Diagnostics show only "Working" state

1. Sleep Diagnostics show only "Working" state - Similar Threads - Sleep Diagnostics show

2. Show only on display 2 does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Show only on display 2 does not work: I have a Surface book pro 2 with windows 10 and whenever I want my desktop to only show up on my main display at home (a LG extra wide screen) it goes all black. I have tried both a usb-c to hdmi and a usb-c to displayport connector with the same results. I have used the...
  3. Multiple displays "Show only on 2" not working (at times)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple displays "Show only on 2" not working (at times): I'm using my Dell Inspiron 64 bit laptop as a base station mostly, except when I go out of town. That's when I lug it with me. Attached is a ViewSonic display, and a Microsoft "natural" keyboard. Yes, I'd like the large display to be my main (and only) one but on...
  4. Problems waking from sleep state

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems waking from sleep state: Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 has an issue waking from sleep. Moving mouse/pressing keyboard wakes the computer, and once desktop displays, the mouse and keyboard does not function and ethernet has red X. Mouse is wireless (USB transceiver) and switching USB ports will...
  5. Show diagnostic info while shutting down.. wish

Show diagnostic info while shutting down.. wish: Hi, Sometimes Windows can take forever to shutdown. Its not just with one installation but with many I have noticed this fault that Windows will leave you in the dark as far as what its doing when shutting down. I wish there was an add-on or some registry setting that...
  6. Windows Memory Diagnostics not showing results in Event Viewer

Windows Memory Diagnostics not showing results in Event Viewer: I am having a Windows 10 laptop. I used to remember the last time I did the test I was able to go into event viewer and check the results. Now I did the test like 3 times and I check under application and services and also windows under the system tab. There's only one entry...
  7. S3 Sleep ONly Works w/2GB DDR2

S3 Sleep ONly Works w/2GB DDR2: Older Shuttle SG33G5 with Core 2 Duo E8400 running Windows 10 Professional. System works great except for one thing - it won't come out of S3 sleep if I use 4 GB of DDR2. This is a two-slot dual channel motherboard. I have quite a bit of spare DDR2 and I've tried them all,...
  8. Sleep states, how to control

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep states, how to control: I believe that when Windows enters sleep, it goes from a light sleep state into deeper states. Is it possible to control when it does this, how long it spends in each state? I have a tablet that, after it's gone to sleep, can be woken up by the Windows key any time. I...
  9. Generate System Sleep Diagnostics Report in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Generate System Sleep Diagnostics Report in Windows 10: The S0 Working state is new to me, is it a new sleep state in Win 10 ? What does it really mean when it shows Sleep State Entered as Working ? Does Win 10 enter this state because it is running some Windows maintenance task(s) ? Here is a quote from MSDN that to me...
  10. Half sleep state? Wierd state that won't start...

in Windows 10 Support
    Half sleep state? Wierd state that won't start...: I am finding that occasionally my Windows 10 Pro pc will seem to be aleep, that is, screen blank, no response to keyboard or mouse, or power button. But the fans are going. To get it going I must hold the power button down until it completely shuts it off, and I can then...