Windows 10: Sleep does not work properly

Discus and support Sleep does not work properly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, In my windows 10 laptop, the sleep function doesn't work properly after windows update. The laptop either restarts or shutdown when I do sleep. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Apurv Anand, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Sleep does not work properly

Hi,

In my windows 10 laptop, the sleep function doesn't work properly after windows update. The laptop either restarts or shutdown when I do sleep.

I had contacted microsoft help once and the issue was resolved, but it started happening again. This time even the support agent was not able to help me out. So I am asking here. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Apurv Anand, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows not working properly

Thank you for the information.

We suggest that you try to run Hardware and Device troubleshooter using the steps below:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    We also suggest that you update the keyboard driver and check if it work.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Sleep does not work properly

Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Sleep does not work properly

1. Sleep does not work properly - Similar Threads - Sleep does properly

2. Sleep does Not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep does Not work properly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  3. Sleep does Not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep does Not work properly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  4. Sleep is not working Properly

Sleep is not working Properly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  5. Sleep is not working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep is not working Properly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  6. Sleep does not work

Sleep does not work: Something is changed on this PC. My cousin borrows this and now my sleep is not working anymore. It turns on even when its sleep. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-does-not-work/bef28fc8-b452-4fa6-b160-e694cfe53c1e
  7. sleep mode not working properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode not working properly: i have set my settings so whenever i close the lid my laptop will go to sleep but from 2 to 3 days it is not going in sleep mode when i close the lid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-not-working-properly/f784333e-6b82-4044-bef3-d41ebe4e091d
  8. sleep mode not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sleep mode not working properly: i have set my settings so whenever i close the lid my laptop will go to sleep but from 2 to 3 days it is not going in sleep mode when i close the lid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-not-working-properly/f784333e-6b82-4044-bef3-d41ebe4e091d
  9. sleep mode not working properly

10. Sleep Function is not working properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep Function is not working properly: I recently upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 version20H2. I am facing a problem RELATED to sleep function. Problem ---- my laptop gets stuck on password state after it sleep. I am unable to login again unless I shutdown the System and start again. Similarly it gets...