Windows 10: Sleep does not work

Discus and support Sleep does not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Something is changed on this PC. My cousin borrows this and now my sleep is not working anymore. It turns on even when its sleep. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by urielmorrie86, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Sleep does not work

Something is changed on this PC. My cousin borrows this and now my sleep is not working anymore. It turns on even when its sleep. Please help.

:)

urielmorrie86, Nov 19, 2022

2. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 19, 2022
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 19, 2022
  4. Sleep does not work

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 19, 2022
Thema:

Sleep does not work

1. Sleep does not work - Similar Threads - Sleep does

2. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  3. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on: I know that there have been many variations of this question on these forums throughout the years. My Windows 10 PC version 22H2, build 19045.4170 has a periodic issue that has been driving me nuts because I've read most of the suggestions on how to fix it, etc.What occurs is...
  4. Windows periodically does not come out of either Hibernation or Sleep Mode - please read on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?: Good day.My ASUS laptop used to shut down after a specific period I don't know it exactly and i used to either leave the lid open or closed and it would shut down after being is sleep for too long. However now, it is not doing so and leaving my laptop on sleep overnight will...
  6. Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?

Why does my laptop no longer shutdown after an extended period of sleeping?: Good day.My ASUS laptop used to shut down after a specific period I don't know it exactly and i used to either leave the lid open or closed and it would shut down after being is sleep for too long. However now, it is not doing so and leaving my laptop on sleep overnight will...
  7. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?: It wasn't like that, until my mouse and keyboard just suddenly stopped working. I had to manually hold the power button to forcefully shut it down, but after that, no matter what I do to put it to sleep as I always do closing the lid, putting it to sleep through the power...
  8. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?: It wasn't like that, until my mouse and keyboard just suddenly stopped working. I had to manually hold the power button to forcefully shut it down, but after that, no matter what I do to put it to sleep as I always do closing the lid, putting it to sleep through the power...
  9. Why does my computer shut down when I put it to sleep?

10. Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.

Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail.: Hi! Why does my laptop keeps on sleeping? I already updated all the settings but to no avail. I already followed all the steps that I saw here from other users who experienced the same and it's frustrating....