Windows 10: Sleep doesn't follow timer settings, neither does turning off the monitor

Discus and support Sleep doesn't follow timer settings, neither does turning off the monitor in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; With Win 10 Pro 64, and Intel NUC 6i5, the screen never turns off set to turn off at 1 minute, and the computer doesn't sleep set to sleep at 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DavidNelson889, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Sleep doesn't follow timer settings, neither does turning off the monitor

With Win 10 Pro 64, and Intel NUC 6i5, the screen never turns off set to turn off at 1 minute, and the computer doesn't sleep set to sleep at 2 minutes. I have researched this forum and followed all the tips - multimedia, settings in control panel, etc, etc. The bios and drivers are up to date. The monitor is DELL. DELL says they don't use unique drivers for their displays nothing to update.

The display does go to the lock screen after 1 minute.

How can I get the computer to sleep automatically? And the monitor to turn off following the power settings?
    Thanks

Frustrated.

:)

DavidNelson889, Apr 20, 2020

2. turn off timer on simple solitaire

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the Solitaire timer.

Please follow the below mentioned steps in order to turn off the timer:

• Run the game, and go to the top left corner, and click on the
      game option/symbol [].
    • Click on the settings, and search for the timer option.
    • Select the timer option from on to
      off

I suggest you to refer the link on Timing in Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10 replied by DrPepper23 replied on August 14, 2015 and check if it helps.

Timing in Microsoft Solitaire Collection in Windows 10

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with the Solitaire timer. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Apr 20, 2020
  3. DonFaso38 Win User
    Monitor Defies Sleep Setting

I have followed every suggested setting posted regarding monitors going to sleep even though the setting for monitor sleep is set to "Never". A Microsoft agent told me I would have to reset Windows 10 to get it to work properly. I did that and spent 2
    days reinstalling all of my programs, but the monitor still fall asleep against the "Never" setting. I've run the Power Troubleshooter and it tells me my timer setting are too long and then proceeds to change them for me. (That's something I don't appreciate,
    I am capable to make my own decisions on those settings.)

In any event, has Microsoft created a hidden setting somewhere that keeps switching my "Never" setting back to "15 minutes"? I'm about to dump Windows 10 and return to Windows 7. I am at the point with this that I almost wish I had never upgraded. Maybe
    that's why it's free, it is acting like a beta.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get the settings for monitor sleep to stick?

Thanks and sorry about the rant.

DonFaso38, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Pinefang Win User

Sleep doesn't follow timer settings, neither does turning off the monitor

Monitor not following sleep settings

I have my monitor set to sleep after 10 minutes but it goes to sleep after only 5 mins. Why won't it follow the sleep settings? I have also tried 20 minutes without luck. All Win 10 updates are current.

Pinefang, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Sleep doesn't follow timer settings, neither does turning off the monitor

1. Sleep doesn't follow timer settings, neither does turning off the monitor - Similar Threads - Sleep doesn't follow

2. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  3. Screen turn off timer does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turn off timer does not work properly: I set a screen turn of time in Windows 11. Example - if I set it to 1 minute. After 1 minute it turns off the display and again turns on automatically. Without even any mouse or keyboard movement. Turns off and turns on straightaway. I ran the troubleshooter and installed...
  4. Screen turn off timer does not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen turn off timer does not work properly: I set a screen turn of time in Windows 11. Example - if I set it to 1 minute. After 1 minute it turns off the display and again turns on automatically. Without even any mouse or keyboard movement. Turns off and turns on straightaway. I ran the troubleshooter and installed...
  5. Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer: Split from this thread. I have an opposite issue of this is that my screen doesn't turn "off". I have clearly set a timer in power and sleep, also I have edited my power plan to turn of my screen, but it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried to set my power button the...
  6. Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer: Split from this thread. I have an opposite issue of this is that my screen doesn't turn "off". I have clearly set a timer in power and sleep, also I have edited my power plan to turn of my screen, but it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried to set my power button the...
  7. Screen DOESN'T turn "OFF" despite setting a timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. "Turn off hard disk after..." setting in relation to sleep timer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Turn off hard disk after..." setting in relation to sleep timer: How do these values work with eachother? I have my pc go to sleep after 1 hour and my drive to turn off after 2 hours. Should one be higher than the other or the same? submitted by /u/Kelisua [link] [comments]...
  9. Monitor not following sleep settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor not following sleep settings: I have my monitor set to sleep after 10 minutes but it goes to sleep after only 5 mins. Why won't it follow the sleep settings? I have also tried 20 minutes without luck. All Win 10 updates are current. 62852
  10. Monitor does not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor does not turn off: Monitor is set to go black in 20 minutes, It does not turn off. I am aware that others have the same problem. Is there a solution for this? 17496

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power and sleep settings windows 10