Windows 10: Sleep fails after winupdate

Discus and support Sleep fails after winupdate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Win10 Pro v1903 Cumulative .Net update and Cumulative Win10 uodate (kb4517389) on 2019/10 since then Power sleep has failed, screen goes off but disks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Palcouk, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Palcouk Win User

Sleep fails after winupdate

Win10 Pro v1903

Cumulative .Net update and Cumulative Win10 uodate (kb4517389) on 2019/10 since then Power sleep has failed, screen goes off but disks remain on line, Reset Power settings had no change.

Trouble Shooter finds no issues

:)

Palcouk, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Palcouk Win User

Sleep mode fails

Win10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build17134 64bit

Sleep settings suddenly failed, monitors swich off, drives do not

This problem did not coincided with any winupdate or any other update, or any other change, just suddenly failed.

Re-setting the Power options has no impact, or rebooting the PC

Palcouk, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Sleep fails after winupdate

Windows 10 sleep

I'd already tried using default power settings - no change.

As you suggested I created a test user account, that also fails to awake from sleep..

Thanks for your advice, any suggestions for next steps?

RichardPEdwards, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Sleep fails after winupdate

1. Sleep fails after winupdate - Similar Threads - Sleep fails winupdate

2. GPU GOING TO SLEEP FAILING TO LOAD AFTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU GOING TO SLEEP FAILING TO LOAD AFTER: I DONT THINK YOUR UNDERSTANDING UP UNTILL 1 WEEK AGO EVEYTHING WORKED PERFECTLY WITH OUR CARDS U SENT OUT FORCED AN UPDATE ON US AND THIS STARTED HAPPENING. ITS NOT CAUSING TO GO INTO SLEEP MODE THATD JUST WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE ITS DISABLING THE GPU DRIVER AND AFTER A RESTART...
  3. GPU GOING TO SLEEP FAILING TO LOAD AFTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU GOING TO SLEEP FAILING TO LOAD AFTER: I DONT THINK YOUR UNDERSTANDING UP UNTILL 1 WEEK AGO EVEYTHING WORKED PERFECTLY WITH OUR CARDS U SENT OUT FORCED AN UPDATE ON US AND THIS STARTED HAPPENING. ITS NOT CAUSING TO GO INTO SLEEP MODE THATD JUST WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE ITS DISABLING THE GPU DRIVER AND AFTER A RESTART...
  4. mbr2gpt broke winupdate?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mbr2gpt broke winupdate?: [ATTACH] With my new Ryzen 7 5800x and my RTX 3080 i wanted to make use of the "ResizeBAR support" feature. Only works with CSM disabled tho and i didnt want to make a new install. i used mbr2gpt from "safe/advanced boot" console check came clear convert gave this...
  5. Failed WiFi connection after sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failed WiFi connection after sleep/hibernate: After a while, for some reasons, I am experiencing some problems with my WiFi. After I turn on my laptop from sleep/hibernation, the WiFi is not connected. Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes and sometimes I even have to restart my laptop to get my WiFi working. Like I...
  6. Wifi fails to power on after Sleep

Wifi fails to power on after Sleep: A few days ago I encounter a strange case on my Panasonic CF-53 CI 5, Centerino N-6205. After sleep I got 'WiFi Turned off , come back after 1,2,4 hour ,auto, the only way it returns to work is by turned the wifi switch off then on, with every time it come back from sleep...
  7. Windows Sleep Fail After Waking

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Sleep Fail After Waking: Windows 10 Home (OS Build 18363.900) CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 Ti DirectX 12 ZT-P10710C-10P 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 MB: ASUS ROG Strix X470-F RAM: 4 x 16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V - F4-3200C16D-32GVK SSD: WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2...
  8. After "Sleep" fails to log in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After "Sleep" fails to log in: Have set my Win 10 system to go to sleep after 1 hour of inactivity. But on occasions after this time I am not able to log back in. Have to turn off machine 7 start again. is this a known problem? How can I cure it?...
  9. Failed connection to WiFi after sleep/hibernate

Failed connection to WiFi after sleep/hibernate: After some time for some reasons I am experiencing some issues with my WiFi. After I turn on my laptop from sleep/hibernate the WiFi isn't connected. [ATTACH] Sometimes I should wait couple of minutes to come to life and sometimes I even have to restart my laptop to get my...
  10. Local Networking Fails after Sleep

Local Networking Fails after Sleep: One of the supposed fixes in the 1809 update was for the long-reported failure of computers unable to see each other on a local network. Well, it's NOT fixed! Whenever one or other computer sleeps the network connection fails, making a reboot the only remedy. All the...