Windows 10: Sleep for monitor rarely works.

Discus and support Sleep for monitor rarely works. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my settings for my monitor to sleep after 15 mins, and I could be afk for half an hour and come back to it not sleep. What’s the point of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheNamesFrosty, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Sleep for monitor rarely works.

I have my settings for my monitor to sleep after 15 mins, and I could be afk for half an hour and come back to it not sleep. What’s the point of this feature if it doesn’t work. Also I can’t just turn off my monitors off, because I have display port connections, so if I turn off monitors manually, all the windows get messed up.

submitted by /u/TheNamesFrosty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheNamesFrosty, Dec 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Dec 30, 2019
  3. no1yak70 Win User
    Auto Sleep not working

Well, since the update to 1909 my auto sleep doesn't work. The monitor goes to sleep at the right time but the computer stays on. I've set every combination for sleep times but, nothing works. Googled said problem and all of the suggestions are useless. Can't go back to 1903 as my backup drive no longer 1903 on it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

no1yak70, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Sleep for monitor rarely works.

Power Options don't work.

Do Sleep and Hibernate work from the Power shortcuts just above the Start button in Start Menu?

Work through the steps in
    Sleep Mode Problems
    to test with short timeouts after each step or two. As I said earlier, this has always worked for me and rarely do I need to work through the entire list.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Sleep for monitor rarely works.

1. Sleep for monitor rarely works. - Similar Threads - Sleep monitor rarely

2. Screensaver/monitor sleep not working? Try this!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver/monitor sleep not working? Try this!: For days I've been reading posts about why my screensaver wasn't activating. After trying numerous potential fixes that didn't work, I finally found the issue on my system. I ran the following command as admin in Powershell...powercfg -requestsUnder the DISPLAY section was...
  3. Screensaver/monitor sleep not working? Try this!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver/monitor sleep not working? Try this!: For days I've been reading posts about why my screensaver wasn't activating. After trying numerous potential fixes that didn't work, I finally found the issue on my system. I ran the following command as admin in Powershell...powercfg -requestsUnder the DISPLAY section was...
  4. Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Will Not Sleep; Computer Will Not Sleep: I have done EVERY SINGLE thing recommended on the web. I have asked in FB forums. No resolution.Starting about a week ago, for no apparent reason, my monitor will no longer go into sleep mode. Like I said, I have done every fix I can find or looked into them, as many I did...
  5. Goodix fingerprint reader rarely works

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Goodix fingerprint reader rarely works: New ROG Zephyus ASUS gaming laptop. Windows 10: Problem: Goodix fingerprint reader rarely works. I have reinstalled it, I have made sure drivers are updated. Is is something with Hello?...
  6. Sound Rarely Works and Mic Does Not Work At All

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Rarely Works and Mic Does Not Work At All: I just bought a brand new PC for gaming and realized that i needed a bluetooth dongle to connect to my headphones that i use for iPad sound. I hav not bought Windows 10 yet and i am using the trial edition. I got the dongle and sound sometimes works. I dont understand why it...
  7. My PC rarely wakes from sleep properly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC rarely wakes from sleep properly.: So for the past month or so, my PC started this thing where in the morning I would wake up and click my mouse, keyboard, whatever to wake my PC from sleep; but the monitors would stay black even though the click sound my PC makes when you turn it on still happens, as does all...
  8. No monitor sleep?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No monitor sleep?: Simple problem: although my monitor is set to turn off after 10 minutes, it doesn't turn off. Any ideas why?? Nothing running else but what I had in W7... 16424
  9. Sleep on Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep on Monitor: Everytime I reboot my monitor says Monitor is going to sleep, then logo from Dell then boots, been doing this for a year, I use no sleep functions in power options, anyone know how to fix? 34569
  10. Monitors are sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors are sleeping: Since reimaging my work laptop to 10 my monitors keep going to sleep. I have selected the performance plan and changed the monitor sleep timeout to 1 hour on both battery and AC. I've even checked through the advanced settings yet my monitors keep turning off after less than...