Windows 10: Sleep Function is not working properly

Discus and support Sleep Function is not working properly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 version20H2. I am facing a problem RELATED to sleep function. Problem ---- my laptop gets stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MohitChute, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Sleep Function is not working properly

I recently upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows 10 version20H2.

I am facing a problem RELATED to sleep function.

Problem ----

my laptop gets stuck on password state after it sleep. I am unable to login again unless I shutdown the System and start again.

Similarly it gets stuck while restarting, but only after restart is done after sleep function.

Please , can anybody tell me the solution?

:)

MohitChute, Apr 3, 2021

2. My computer does not work with sleep function after latest Windows 10 upgrade.

Hi Florence,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

From your description, I understand your Sleep function on the PC is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system.

Before assisting further, i would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the sleep settings are set appropriately?

• What happens when you perform Sleep function on the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to change in the power settings from the
    Control panel page on the PC.

If you have not fiddled with the power settings, I suggest you to change the
    Power options from Control panel settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power Options and select the top most search result.

• Select Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window.

• Set the timing from the drop down bar under
      Turn off the display
      and Put the computer to sleep options on the window.

• Click on Save changes.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Sleep function does not work after upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Florence,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From your description, I understand your Sleep function on the PC is not working properly after upgrading to Windows 10 operating system.

Before assisting further, i would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the sleep settings are set appropriately?

• What happens when you perform Sleep function on the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to change in the power settings from the
    Control panel page on the PC.

If you have not fiddled with the power settings, I suggest you to change the
    Power options from Control panel settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Power Options and select the top most search result.

• Select Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window.

• Set the timing from the drop down bar under
      Turn off the display
      and Put the computer to sleep options on the window.

• Click on Save changes.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Sleep Function is not working properly

SHUT DOWN / SLEEP FUNCTIONS NOT WORKING

Hi Mo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the laptop?
    • When you say ‘’trying 4 options to enable a shut down’’ which option do you exactly refer to? Are you using any third party software to shut down the computer?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps on sleep mode issue and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Sleep Function is not working properly

1. Sleep Function is not working properly - Similar Threads - Sleep Function working

2. Sleep is not working Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep is not working Properly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  3. Sleep is not working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep is not working Properly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  4. Function keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys not working properly: My function keys aren't doing anything else but what they're supposed to do, which, I know sounds like the opposite of a problem, but it really isn't. I play a lot of computer games and all of them have uses for the fn keys. One, in particular, uses F2 to open settings. When...
  5. Function keys not working properly

Function keys not working properly: My function keys aren't doing anything else but what they're supposed to do, which, I know sounds like the opposite of a problem, but it really isn't. I play a lot of computer games and all of them have uses for the fn keys. One, in particular, uses F2 to open settings. When...
  6. Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly: Recently I noticed that my PC power and sleep functions seem to be operating improperly or not at all. I have my power button set to put my PC to sleep. This would stop my fans, turn off my PC lights for power reduction, and shut off the lights to all my peripherals. Now all...
  7. Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly

Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly: Recently I noticed that my PC power and sleep functions seem to be operating improperly or not at all. I have my power button set to put my PC to sleep. This would stop my fans, turn off my PC lights for power reduction, and shut off the lights to all my peripherals. Now all...
  8. Camera is not functioning or working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera is not functioning or working properly: Hi, i Have a lenovo laptop windows 10, its touch screen and all. but i can't get the camera working and i tried searching how to fix this problem. I've tried the following steps and instructions people have given on the internet on how to fix your webcam/camera and i've tried...
  9. Power and Sleep Function in Windows 10 is no longer working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power and Sleep Function in Windows 10 is no longer working properly: Recently, I realized that my Windows 10 desktop is no longer shutting the monitor off or powering down to sleep mode. I've been scanning the internet and it seems that this is not a new Windows 10 issue and it might be due to a recent Windows update. I have followed...
  10. Function keys not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Function keys not working properly: I've noticed a while ago that some of my function keys are not working properly: 1- fn + f7: used to turn off my screen but not it does nothing 2- fn + f9: used to disable touchpad but now it doesn't work I think the error might have occurred after a windows update,...