Windows 10: Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Discus and support Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ReMax United, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this?

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options f8ccf75c-ff6b-416b-b39a-390d9911e6d4?upload=true.jpg

:)

ReMax United, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function

Hello Brad,

It is possible that an accidental change due to Windows updates has removed the sleep option in the power menu. Let's try to add the sleep option again. Here's how:

• Click Start, type Power Options, and select Power & sleep settings
      in the results.
    • Under Related settings in the right part of the screen, click on
      Additional power settings
    • In the left pane, click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link in the upper part of the screen.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the window and ensure Sleep is checked and click
      Save Changes. (see screenshot below)

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options 9a307ca6-0749-4313-a24f-da17c9e3392a?upload=true.png
    About your computer shutting down after being idle for 10 minutes, it is possible that your computer is set to shutdown or sleep after this duration. We suggest that you check the
    Power & sleep options on your computer and verify the settings. (You can follow the steps provided above to access these options).

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Gino Des, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

1. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options - Similar Threads - Sleep Function Power

2. Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly: Recently I noticed that my PC power and sleep functions seem to be operating improperly or not at all. I have my power button set to put my PC to sleep. This would stop my fans, turn off my PC lights for power reduction, and shut off the lights to all my peripherals. Now all...
  3. Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and Power Off Not Functioning Properly: Recently I noticed that my PC power and sleep functions seem to be operating improperly or not at all. I have my power button set to put my PC to sleep. This would stop my fans, turn off my PC lights for power reduction, and shut off the lights to all my peripherals. Now all...
  4. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  5. Power and Sleep option stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and Sleep option stops working: My Power and Sleep 30 minute limit wasn't always turning off the display as specified. I suspected an app might be impacting that process and I thought of Media Player, which has been known know to exhibit rather strange behavior on occasion. Detail of the steps I executed to...
  6. sleep option is missing from power options

sleep option is missing from power options: all of a sudden the sleep option just disappeared one day when i started up my pc. i have been trying to fix this issue for 2 days and i feel like i've done every possible solution i have seen on the internet....
  7. Sleep function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep function: I recently updated with KB4601050,KB4023057,KB4580325. My sleep function was working perfect before the upgrading. Now even though the setting are the same in settings, the sleep function no longer works and the PC and displays are on constantly. Looking for how to fix...
  8. Brightness, power and sleep options are lost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness, power and sleep options are lost: The screen brightness adjustment slider, as well as power and sleep options disappeared from the laptop. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks submitted by /u/tigerelmo [link] [comments]...
  9. sleep and power option

sleep and power option: my laptop go to sleep by it self even when i set sleep option to never sleep or close the display i need help its almost every 5 mins its goes to sleep and i get mad of it...
  10. No Sleep Option in Power Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep Option in Power Menu: I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and had a host of problems, but this is the latest one. It's a known issue but none of the suggestions on the board have solved it yet. There simply isn't a Sleep option for the computer in Windows 10. I've tried to go and add it like it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Phone sleep function