Windows 10: Sleep happens to Restart my laptop

Discus and support Sleep happens to Restart my laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After upgrading my acer laptop from 1809 to 1909, I've been noticing that when I press the sleep button, or close the lid of my laptop, the blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MyiDevice, Mar 6, 2020.

1. MyiDevice Win User

Sleep happens to Restart my laptop

After upgrading my acer laptop from 1809 to 1909, I've been noticing that when I press the sleep button, or close the lid of my laptop, the blue indicator turns to red which makes me think it went into sleep mode. But when I lift up the lid, it takes around 50 seconds to turn the screen on showing acer logo, and then it takes another 30-40 seconds to get me to the sign in screen; with losing all my work; making me feel as if it actually restarts the machine. I've checked for all the settings related to 'power plan', 'what closing lid does', etc., but everything is as it was in the previous Windows version. I'm really annoyed when it loses all my work without letting me know.

:)

MyiDevice, Mar 6, 2020

2. Restarting laptop from sleep mode.

When i click on the power button, sleep, shut down and restart is listed. Hibernation is not an option. How do i activate the Hibernation option?

Floyd Mallory, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

My system restart instead of sleep, can anyone support for this problem?

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Faraz_86, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Sleep happens to Restart my laptop

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Sleep happens to Restart my laptop

1. Sleep happens to Restart my laptop - Similar Threads - Sleep happens Restart

2. My laptop automatically restarted when it was on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop automatically restarted when it was on sleep mode: Here is something from the WinDbg. Not what I can understand though. Is Nvidia driver the problem?************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true...
  3. My laptop automatically restarted when it was on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop automatically restarted when it was on sleep mode: Here is something from the WinDbg. Not what I can understand though. Is Nvidia driver the problem?************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true...
  4. My pc was in sleep mode and this happened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc was in sleep mode and this happened: [ATTACH] My pc was in sleep mode and when i came back on everything was wide, i didnt change any settings, and even with google i cant figure out how to change it. Any help? submitted by /u/RooFlysYt [link] [comments]...
  5. My laptop can't shutdown/sleep/hibernate, only restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop can't shutdown/sleep/hibernate, only restarts: Hello! I've been having this problem where my laptop can't shutdown. If I press shutdown, it only restarts. If I press sleep, it restarts too, same with hibernate. For now I just force shutdown my laptop by pressing and holding the power button. Please help. My laptop's...
  6. what is happening to my computer? i restarted my laptop 2 times now and it always happens...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is happening to my computer? i restarted my laptop 2 times now and it always happens...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/J4nis05 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kkjqrl/what_is_happening_to_my_computer_i_restarted_my/
  7. When restart happens in sleep mode...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When restart happens in sleep mode...: I've noticed that if I download a cumulative update that requires a restart and I put my laptop in sleep mode when I'm done with it, it apparently wakes up at some point during "inactive hours" and does the restart. But then what? Does it go back into sleep mode as it was...
  8. Laptop Restarts After Entering Sleep Mode

Laptop Restarts After Entering Sleep Mode: Hi I've seen a lot similar scenarios to this and they're all seem to be different. Here I have a HP spectre x360 15t 2019 running Windows 10. I've had the laptop for two days and I realise that about 20 seconds after I close the lid or hit the power button in order to put the...
  9. My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems)

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop restarts in sleep mode (+monitor problems): This problem is fairly new, even though I've been using this monitor as well as other similar ones with my laptop. What's supposed to happen is that when I wake my laptop from sleep mode, the built in screen should turn on but stay completely black, while the monitor (set as...
  10. My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!: i have an asus x550lc which i recently upgraded to windows 10 x64. My pc is having a serious problem. it wont shutdown or sleep or restart properly. Sometimes it works all fine but most of the time after i shutdown or sleep the pc... the pc will turn off the screen and the...