Windows 10: Sleep has forgotten open programs

Discus and support Sleep has forgotten open programs in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I did a defrag, cleanup, and driver update, which solved several problems on my computer, an HP laptop, running Windows 10. Now when I close the lid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Janpack, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Janpack Win User

Sleep has forgotten open programs

I did a defrag, cleanup, and driver update, which solved several problems on my computer, an HP laptop, running Windows 10. Now when I close the lid and come back, it awakens to my usual home screen, but all the open apps I was using are closed. I checked the power settings, and they appear the same, which are to go to sleep either when I close the lid, or tap the power button. Plugged in or battery have different time limits, but I don't think that matters. Any ideas?

And if you want a screen shot, please tell me how to do it.

Thanks,

Jan T.

:)

Janpack, Feb 13, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Sleep has forgotten open programs

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Sleep has forgotten open programs

1. Sleep has forgotten open programs - Similar Threads - Sleep has forgotten

2. Opening Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Programs: Starting about two weeks ago, most of the programs on my desktop are listed on google when I try to open them. I find the program on Google and left-click on it and it opens. However, if there is no more room in Google to list a particular program, that program will not open...
  3. Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get the forgotten password wizard to open: I recently had to change my local Windows password and Windows Hello PIN. I'd like to update my Windows password recovery USB, but I can't get the "Forgotten Password Wizard" to open on the control panel. How do I get it to open?...
  4. Program not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program not opening: My computer was has been completely fine until I went to open Google Chrome, and although it shows the program launching, as soon as the screen pops up it immediately closes. I have just installed updates literally an hour ago. I have un-installed and re-installed. I have...
  5. Programs Not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Not opening: So I Cant open few programs Task manager, Chrome, Pycharm like by pressing ctrl+shift+esc nothing happens - Taskmanager does work when I run it as administrator - Chrome does not open even if I run it on administrator - Pycharm says "Cant find VR files" I have...
  6. Forgotten password to open my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password to open my computer: I bought a new computer yesterday. Today, I turned it on and can't for the life of me, remember the password. I have tried every password I would or could have used...nothing. I used an old email address hotmail.comfrom yrs ago for the account, that I rarely, if ever use.....
  7. Programs Not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs Not opening: So I Cant open few programs Task manager, Chrome, Pycharm like by pressing ctrl+shift+esc nothing happens - Taskmanager does work when I run it as administrator - Chrome does not open even if I run it on administrator - Pycharm says "Cant find VR files" I have...
  8. My computer has forgotten me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer has forgotten me: I really need help! I was trying to change where I wanted one of my video games to go to a different file and when I tried that everything appeared to have frozen and then everything got deleted and my background went black. So I restarted and nothing changed... Even though...
  9. Programs not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening: (0xc0150004)error dll is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-not-opening/d55cc4c6-ef2b-4bdb-a003-b2a59ba6ab4f
  10. Opening a Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a Program: Hi there everyone! i have a big problem with my PC When i want to open a program (nonsense diamond(its an exploit for a game)) it runs in task manager but its not showing itself in desktop that means the program not showing!!! how can i fix this. this program is kinda...