Windows 10: Sleep issue on HP laptop

Discus and support Sleep issue on HP laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Laptop keeps going to sleep in every 5 minutes or so after doing the system recovery and upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. I changed the sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jay_010, Mar 15, 2019.

1. jay_010 Win User

Sleep issue on HP laptop

Laptop keeps going to sleep in every 5 minutes or so after doing the system recovery and upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. I changed the sleep options in power setting but it didn't help. It is really annoying and distracting. How can I fix this problem?

:)

jay_010, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

HP ENVY 17-k000 sleep issues

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If the computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate mode, restarting the computer, changing settings, or updating the software and drivers will resolve the issue.

Method 1: Hybrid sleep.

If your system has a lag or delay before sleeping try to
    disable Hybrid Sleep to see the sleep performance is improved.

• Go to Search window and type
      Control Panel > select System and Maintenance option > click on
      Power options to run the applet.
    • Click on Change plan settings under the active selected power plan.
    • On the Change settings for the plan option, click on
      Change advanced power settings. On the Advanced settings tab of Power Options, expand
      Sleep and then expand Allow hybrid sleep option. Select
      Off from the drop down list as the value for the options available.
    • Click on OK option and click on
      Save changes option.

As per the query, I also suggest you to refer the HP article provided below and check if it resolves the issue by following each step:
    HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Hibernate issue with the HP laptop

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to runt the Power troubleshooter and check.

Try to run the troubleshooter and check.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
      Enter.
    • Select View all from the left pane and select Power.
    • Follow the on-screen troubleshooter and try the steps.
    We would also suggest you to update the firmware of the BIOS and install the chipset drivers and check.

For steps related to updating firmware for the BIOS and chipset drivers, you may contact the HP.

Ravinath P, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Chino Win User

Sleep issue on HP laptop

HP Laptops Shipped with Hidden Keylogger

Michael Myng, more commonly known as ZwClose, was approached by a friend to look into the possibility of controlling the keyboard's backlighting on his HP laptop. Michael was down for the challenge, and his friend sent the Synaptics SynTP.sys file over to him. After analyzing the keyboard driver, he found the sleeping keylogger. The logging function is disabled by default. However, intruders can enable it easily by modifying the registry value through malicious code. Michael reported the issue to HP, and the company released a list of the affected laptop models along with a security patch. The list contains over 400 models from HP's most popular product lines like the EliteBook, ProBook, ZBook, Spectre Pro, ENVY, Pavilion, OMEN - just mention a few. Now that the vulnerability is public, we urge HP laptop owners to install the security patch ASAP. The fix is also available on Windows Update if that's your preferred method.

Sleep issue on HP laptop AMIuiJrbivZCcN5d_thm.jpg

Sleep issue on HP laptop WHDM1DCXKVVH6ePu_thm.jpg

Sleep issue on HP laptop yPUBtijQ5Gthrugg_thm.jpg

Sources: ZwClose, HP

Chino, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Sleep issue on HP laptop

1. Sleep issue on HP laptop - Similar Threads - Sleep issue laptop

2. Laptop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Sleep Issue: Hi. I have to following issue: Sometimes, after my laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up to continue working, it freezes – The screen becomes all dark and it does not respond so that I am forced to restart my computer. How can I fix that?My laptop specs are:...
  3. Laptop Sleep Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Sleep Issue: Hi. I have to following issue: Sometimes, after my laptop goes into sleep mode and I try to wake it up to continue working, it freezes – The screen becomes all dark and it does not respond so that I am forced to restart my computer. How can I fix that?My laptop specs are:...
  4. Sleep issues in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep issues in laptop: My laptop won't sleep if it is plugged in.Pc will sleep if i press the power button, or by closing the lid or by clicking sleep in start. There is no problem. But it won't automatically sleep. Laptop turn off the display after some time but it won't sleephdd indication is on...
  5. Sleep issues in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep issues in laptop: My laptop won't sleep if it is plugged in.Pc will sleep if i press the power button, or by closing the lid or by clicking sleep in start. There is no problem. But it won't automatically sleep. Laptop turn off the display after some time but it won't sleephdd indication is on...
  6. HP 255 G7 Laptop - Sleep Mode Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    HP 255 G7 Laptop - Sleep Mode Issue: So as you all know, I had to install a new keyboard/top cover on my HP 255 G7 Laptop. All is installed correctly. But now after we have put it back together, it isn't going into sleep mode. I also have got my new Lenovo desktop and I am wondering if that would play a role in...
  7. HP laptop won't sleep!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP laptop won't sleep!: I bought a HP 2 in 1 laptop recently. The laptop works completely fine, but whenever i close the lid or press the power button or click on sleep mode, the screen dims out for a sec and then comes back right up. I tried changing the settings a few times but nothing seems to...
  8. Laptop Sleep Issues

Laptop Sleep Issues: I have set the laptop to sleep for 5 minutes both the screen and the PC and hard disk in advanced settings and everything was fine until recently, the screen goes to sleep after 5 minutes but the system doesn't and I have tried everything in settings. Recently, I reset the...
  9. HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep

HP Laptop Not Going to Sleep: I replaced a mechanical HDD with an SSD in an HP 15t-n200, and reinstalled windows. When the computer tries to go to sleep the screen turns off, but the status lights remain on. Usually when it goes to sleep they flash, and the only way to get the computer to respond is to...
  10. HP laptop sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop sleep mode: Hi - Just installed Win10 on my 4 yr old HP G60535D. Now I have have to re-boot everytime I shut the lid. *Shock Played around with power settings, etc etc but no love. When I first open the lid, I can hear the computer running, a slight mechanical burp of some sort, then...