Windows 10: SLEEP ISSUES -fail to sleep after update to 2004,shuts down

Discus and support SLEEP ISSUES -fail to sleep after update to 2004,shuts down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; icrosoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.421] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /devicequery wake_armed NONE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by royverma9, Aug 9, 2020.

1. royverma9 Win User

SLEEP ISSUES -fail to sleep after update to 2004,shuts down

icrosoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.421]
    c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /devicequery wake_armed
    NONE

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /lastwake
    Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 1
    Wake Source [0]
    Type: Fixed Feature
    Power Button

after update to 2004 hp envy fails to sleep

when lid closed its shuts off

i ran above test

ran sfc scan now

ran dsim/health check

no issues

reloaded driver ,intel

problem still persists

hp envy

intel i 7

dont know if issues specific to hp

i tried every option in power srttings

even set to "do nothing" laptop still shuts off after its closed

:)

royverma9, Aug 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade, when I hit sleep the computer shuts down after a while instead of sleep

Thanks. I had already done those steps and it didn't help. I still have the shut down issue after it sleeps for a while. Any other Suggestions?

NancyS. Bostain, Aug 9, 2020
  3. claylomax Win User
    Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

When sleep is grayed out it probably means that you're missing a driver required to do it or rather a device is incapable of going to sleep, but more often than not it's drivers that haven't been installed. I would make sure you're not missing any chipset or something.

Aquinus, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. SLEEP ISSUES -fail to sleep after update to 2004,shuts down - Similar Threads - SLEEP ISSUES fail

2. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  3. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  4. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc shuts down after sleep

pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  6. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc shuts down after sleep: the pc shuts down when i wake it from sleep mode, that issue happened last months i geuss but i restarted it and it was solved but now it happened again and i need to slove it so i hope someone help me....
  7. pc shuts down after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004

Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004: Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating from 1903 factory default to version 2004. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked...
  9. Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue

Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue: Hello, Recently I had replaced new battery and Hard disk for my laptop(HP Pavilion p045tx notebook, 4th i7, 8 GB/1 TB). Then Changed the OS to windows 10 instead of previous 8.1. Till then, the laptop is facing issues with sleep, hibernate & shut down functions. When I...
  10. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...