Windows 10: Sleep issues

Discus and support Sleep issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; We have HP laptops. When the laptop is docked with the lid down and we remove the laptop from dock it does not go to sleep. All power settings are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jeffrey L Johnson, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:58 PM.

1. Sleep issues

We have HP laptops. When the laptop is docked with the lid down and we remove the laptop from dock it does not go to sleep. All power settings are set to go to sleep when on battery after 5 minutes of inactivity.

It will sleep fine if you remove from dock, open lid and close it. But not by just removing the power. Windows sees the removal of power as it shows the battery icon now. But will never go to sleep.

:)

Jeffrey L Johnson, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:58 PM

2. Sleep issues with Windows

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configued to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and execute second command
      now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to wake your PC from sleep.

Please get back to us with status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:59 PM
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:59 PM
  4. Johan45 Win User

Sleep issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Thema:

Sleep issues

1. Sleep issues - Similar Threads - Sleep issues

2. Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update: start up and sleep issues caused: Since the September 2019 Windows 10 update, my computer never starts up first time: I always have to wait for it not to start, turn it completely off and then restart. Apparently, it tries harder the second time and does boot. I have not found this issue reported anywhere...
  3. Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue: Hello, Recently I had replaced new battery and Hard disk for my laptop(HP Pavilion p045tx notebook, 4th i7, 8 GB/1 TB). Then Changed the OS to windows 10 instead of previous 8.1. Till then, the laptop is facing issues with sleep, hibernate & shut down functions. When I...
  4. Intermittent Issue | Sleep Mode Freezing PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent Issue | Sleep Mode Freezing PC: Hi all! I've been having this issue since updating to Version 1903. Entering sleep mode sometimes causes the pc to hang. A few times when this happens the fans start running at full blast. I tried all the following: - Updating BIOS; - Updating Graphics Driver; - Turning...
  5. sleep and power issue

sleep and power issue: I have a Lenovo PC with the latest version of Windows 10 and a HPw17e monitor. Monitor will not wake from sleep. PC is set to sleep after 20 minutes and monitor is set to never sleep but it goes to sleep when PC does. PC will wake just fine but I have to do a hard reboot...
  6. Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues

Surface Pro 5 Sleep Issues: My Surface Pro 5 will not sleep, nor will the display turn off, automatically, though I can do both manually. I have checked and adjusted the power and sleep settings and confirmed that the device should sleeping, and that its display should be turned off, after a short...
  7. Sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sleep mode issue: Recently I have noticed that after I have put my pc into sleep, it's waking up on it's own... It's kind of weird problem for me! Another problem is that I am seeing a box on the sound bar and performance bar on battery section on the taskbar.. Why I am seeing those issues?...
  8. Clear my issue of shutdown by mistake and I want to sleep also while install updating...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clear my issue of shutdown by mistake and I want to sleep also while install updating...: Restarting/shutting down in the middle of an update installation may cause serious damage to the PC. I was doing a update of my laptop but I want to sleep that's why I was shutdown my PC in middle of install of what we updating that's any kind of harm will their on. PC...
  9. Sleeping issues and fast startup

Sleeping issues and fast startup: Hello. I have a problem that drives me nuts with my laptop. Here is the thing: About 3 weeks ago, Malwarebytes and a 4G dongle driver begins to not load at startup with the fast startup enable in power settings in windows 10. I made some rechearch in some foruns and i...
  10. Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode

Issues while waking up monitor from sleep mode: When I boot my computer out of sleep my monitor doesn't come back on until I cut the power bar power off and then back on. I have windows 10 version 1803 and 17134.829 build. I recently installed a new network adaptor. ***Original title: monitor dosen't come up after...