Windows 10: sleep issues

Discus and support sleep issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HI is it possible to do a powercfg override for mousocoreworker.exe and if so what is the syntax thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mpirrie, Feb 22, 2021.

1. mpirrie Win User

sleep issues

HI

is it possible to do a powercfg override for mousocoreworker.exe and if so what is the syntax

thanks

:)

mpirrie, Feb 22, 2021

2. Sleep issues with Windows

Hi,

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it and hit Enter key

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• By executing this command, it will bring up all the device list that are configued to wake up your PC from sleep. Now it time to find the device which made you PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Go and execute second command
      now.
    powercfg /lastwake

• This will bring up the details of the device that made your PC to come out of the sleep lastly. Now go to the particular device properties and make changes accordingly to preventing that particular device to wake your PC from sleep.

Please get back to us with status so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 22, 2021
  4. sleep issues

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

sleep issues

1. sleep issues - Similar Threads - sleep issues

2. Windows 10 sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep mode issue: It appears that all the sleep mode settings correct on my HP Envy PC, but it won't go to sleep when it's supposed to. I have the monitor set to go dark after 10 minutes and the PC to go into sleep mode at 15 minutes. It was fine for weeks until last night when the power light...
  3. Sleep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep issues: Both my PC and I are struggling to sleep, I've run powercfg -requests and wake_armed. All devices that were listed have been turned off, and nothing was returned for -requests. I've looked through my AV software (McAfee) and I couldn't see anything in there that would be...
  4. Laptop crashing - sleep/power issue? Please help!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing - sleep/power issue? Please help!!: My laptop in the last few days has started crashing when entering or coming out of sleep. Not sure about the exact details, just know that I leave it alone for an extended period of time, come back to it and it has crashed and is stuck at the bios/windows splash screen. I...
  5. Sleep Mode Issue

Sleep Mode Issue: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Is there a way to determine what the computer is doing after it enters sleep mode? After computer enters sleep mode, system sounds are heard periodically ongoing every several minutes that indicates the computer is doing something. These system sounds...
  6. WiFi Connectivity Issues after Update/Boot/Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Connectivity Issues after Update/Boot/Sleep: Hey everyone, this is an issue I've been struggling with on/off since about May/June of 2020. I connect to my WiFi using a network adapter. I have gone through three adapters in not even a year due to this issue. After random Windows updates, or sometimes even just when I'm...
  7. Sleep Issue. Fans won't turn off.

Sleep Issue. Fans won't turn off.: New build and most current update. If I put my computer to sleep using the start menu, everything works fine, fans and lights turn off. When my computer goes to sleep due to inactivity, all the fans and lights stay on. I had this issue with my kid's computer when I built it a...
  8. Curious sleep mode issue

Curious sleep mode issue: Hey guys. So I have a fairly new Win10 Pro 64-bit installation on a high-end Ryzen based gaming desktop and since a week or two, I can't put the PC into sleep mode anymore. When I click on sleep in the power sub-menu of the start-menu, the monitor goes dark as expected, but...
  9. Windows update not allowing my pc to sleep, why??? Issue has been highlighted numerous...

Windows update not allowing my pc to sleep, why??? Issue has been highlighted numerous...: Hello, can you please explain to me why windows update service wont allow my pc to sleep indefinetly???? this issue has been raised going back 6 months and still no resolve. This is pretty big **** issue when my pc stays up wastes energy that I have to pay for because of...
  10. Microsoft Designer Keyboard sleep issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard sleep issues: I know there are many threads on this issue and Microsoft don't seem willing or able to provide a fix. I wanted to post my experience in the hope it might help some. For me the issue only occurs when both the keyboard and mouse are connected. I have tried every fix...