Windows 10: Sleep/Load issue corrupting user profile (probably hardware)

Discus and support Sleep/Load issue corrupting user profile (probably hardware) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having a recurring problem with my pc for the past week or so. When I put it to sleep it usually takes quite a long time to do so,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ghost3h, Oct 16, 2016.

1. ghost3h Win User

Sleep/Load issue corrupting user profile (probably hardware)

Hi all,

I've been having a recurring problem with my pc for the past week or so. When I put it to sleep it usually takes quite a long time to do so, and then when I wake it I get issues. When it wakes it works fine for the first few mins, but then I run into a issue where browser pages wont load, or clicking start button wont load, or loading task manager doesn't work. I then had to force restart.

After doing this a couple times it corrupted my user profile, so I did a fresh install thinking it was something gone ary with my windows installs.

Now on a fresh install I'm getting the same issue again, which leads me to think its a hardware issue. I currently run windows on my SSD but have moved my Users folder onto a larger HDD for space saving. I'm assuming its one of these two that is causing the issue

Anyone encountered this before or can suggest a way of figuring out what is causing it?

thanks
    Kyle

:)

ghost3h, Oct 16, 2016

2. Sleep mode is not displaying in my new PC running in Windows 10 x64 bit

Hi,

Inability to set sleep settings may be caused by a corrupted user profile. We suggest that you create a new local profile to isolate this issue.

Please update us with the status of this issue.

Katrina Men, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Added children to my family

Hi,

There are two main reasons for getting the User Profile cannot be loaded Error.

1. The Default Profile might be corrupted while upgrading to Windows 10.

2. A User Profile can become corrupted if your antivirus is scanning while you're trying to login a User Profile.

Try to disconnect from the Internet first and create a New Local User account. If the issue persists, try replacing the corrupted Default User Profile on your PC and afterwards, create a New User account.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Oct 16, 2016
  4. ghost3h Win User

I've ran a few disk checker forums (SeaTools) etc and not found anything wrong on the drives. So not sure if its the hard drives or some other hardware

ghost3h, Oct 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Sleep/Load issue corrupting user profile (probably hardware) - Similar Threads - Sleep Load issue

2. User profile cannot be loaded issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile cannot be loaded issue.: Hello, today i reset my pc, it took an hour or two to finish. Once i started it up and logged in, it displayed “User profile cannot be loaded” error, I tried to open regedit in safe mode, but the screen was flickering. I am scared to reset it again because it might cause an...
  3. User profile cannot be loaded issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile cannot be loaded issue.: Hello, today i reset my pc, it took an hour or two to finish. Once i started it up and logged in, it displayed “User profile cannot be loaded” error, I tried to open regedit in safe mode, but the screen was flickering. I am scared to reset it again because it might cause an...
  4. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: Recently, I've been trying to purchase an application on the Microsoft Store, however the payment screen would always go blank in a matter of seconds. After some online research, I was able to follow a thread that proposed the solution of trying to purchase the application...
  5. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  6. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  7. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: My main only user profile cannot launch cmd.exe, Windows Defender, and a 1-2 other utilities. This happened after I install a Linux distro using WSL. Tried troubleshooting it using online solutions, which didn't help. I upgraded to Windows 11 and that didn't help. I took my...
  8. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Corrupted User Profile: Is there a way to fix a corrupted user profile WITHOUT just making a new one and migrate everything over to it?This only issue we have is not being able to activate Office 365 apps. We have already gone through all troubleshooting steps with Microsoft to fix the activation...
  9. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted User Profile: Is there a way to fix a corrupted user profile WITHOUT just making a new one and migrate everything over to it?This only issue we have is not being able to activate Office 365 apps. We have already gone through all troubleshooting steps with Microsoft to fix the activation...
  10. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted User Profile: I logged on this morning to see my user profile had been corrupted, with the file showing 0 bytes in properties and unable to be accessed due to the corrupted file submitted by /u/XCTVNICKX [link] [comments]...