Windows 10: Sleep Mode And External HD's ?

Discus and support Sleep Mode And External HD's ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Running W10. When, after no usage for a while, I have programmed the pc to "go to sleep," do any other external HD's I have plugged into a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

Sleep Mode And External HD's ?

Hello,

Running W10.

When, after no usage for a while, I have programmed the pc to "go to sleep," do any other
    external HD's I have plugged into a USB port (for backups, etc.) also turn off ?

Fully ?

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Apr 26, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 26, 2019
  3. External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Sleep Mode And External HD's ?

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Sleep Mode And External HD's ?

1. Sleep Mode And External HD's ? - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode External

2. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat: I copied the contents of my external HD to a new external HD, not knowing I was going from NTFS to exFat. Upon completion, I noticed that the first and last folder transferred correctly, while all the folders in between are empty. However, the new external HD shows 508 GB...
  3. Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer from external HD NTFS to external HD exFat: I copied the contents of my external HD to a new external HD, not knowing I was going from NTFS to exFat. Upon completion, I noticed that the first and last folder transferred correctly, while all the folders in between are empty. However, the new external HD shows 508 GB...
  4. External HD keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External HD keeps going to sleep: I use backblaze but recently it is always going to sleep so it can not back up, how can I stop my lap top from going to sleep. I have my Power & sleep mode to never and I have unchecked the dialog boxes for the USB controllers...
  5. External HD keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HD keeps going to sleep: I use backblaze but recently it is always going to sleep so it can not back up, how can I stop my lap top from going to sleep. I have my Power & sleep mode to never and I have unchecked the dialog boxes for the USB controllers...
  6. External HD keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. External HD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HD: External HD is recognized but does not appear in My Computer on Windows 10 PRO system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hd/d98debb3-1b03-42de-9643-d5d53ad30a5e
  8. External USB HDD going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External USB HDD going to sleep mode: I don't understand why Microsoft refuses to address this problem in Windows 10. It's an old problem and all the answers from Microsoft are vague and send us around things that people have already tried and it does not solve the problem. Just look at the blogs of the...
  9. ATI Radeon HD 4870 - Will not enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 - Will not enter sleep mode: I upgraded a Dell XPS9000 from Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Professional. The update went smooth the exception of the following: 1. Creative Lab X-FI Sound Board - No Sound -- Creative Labs doe NOT have WIN10 drivers yet. 2. AMD Radeon HD 4870 will not...
  10. External HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External HD: 1. I have a external HD that is compatible with windows 7 or 8. When I upgrade to windows 10 will I still be able to use it? 2. Can I download windows 10 ISO to a external HD and then install windows 10 right off of that same external HD? 16269