Windows 10: sleep mode and shutdown problems

Discus and support sleep mode and shutdown problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep mode and to shut down . I think I messed up some drivers while I was trying to fix another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Irineos, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Irineos Win User

sleep mode and shutdown problems

My computer takes a lot of time to wake up from sleep mode and to shut down . I think I messed up some drivers while I was trying to fix another problem. What should I do now?

:)

Irineos, Jul 17, 2020

2. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 17, 2020
  4. sleep mode and shutdown problems

Windows 10 goes sleep mode and eventually it becomes shutdown.

I`m facing same problem with my probook 450. Sleeping is actual shutdown but takes more time to load up back. Have to note that the power led is acting as for sleep mode!

Tried almost everything suggest in the internet but no luck so far.

That is so basic-core function /put pc in sleep/ and can`t understand how microsoft hasnt QA it. sleep mode and shutdown problems :(

GeorgeMinkov, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

sleep mode and shutdown problems

1. sleep mode and shutdown problems - Similar Threads - sleep mode shutdown

2. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  3. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown during Sleep Mode: My pc started to behave erratically when putting into sleep mode and then once opened it was shutdown. I have under no circumstances no idea why is it doing that when putting in sleep, not shut down especially when away for a couple of hours like 5 hours for example. One day...
  4. Shutdown during Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. shutdown and sleep sound problem

shutdown and sleep sound problem: shutdown and sleep sound problem to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-and-sleep-sound-problem/9274952e-7bd1-46e1-bb35-c08648d4f399
  6. shutdown and sleep sound problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shutdown and sleep sound problem: shutdown and sleep sound problem to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutdown-and-sleep-sound-problem/9274952e-7bd1-46e1-bb35-c08648d4f399
  7. shutdown and sleep sound problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Shutdown and Sleep Problem

Shutdown and Sleep Problem: I have Windows 10 in my HP Pavilion 15 Laptop. I am not able to shutdown my laptop even not able to put my laptop on sleep mode. Whenever, I shutdown my laptop its screen became blank and hard disk stop running while power button & Power led still show light. In that...
  9. Sleep/shutdown problems

Sleep/shutdown problems: I have been suffering from a wake from sleep/on from shutdown problem for a while now. On all current updated windows 10 20.04, chipset drivers for mobo mobo and processor, current radeon drivers for gpu. All current optional windows drivers have been tried as well. My rig:...
  10. Shutdown and Sleep Mode

Shutdown and Sleep Mode: Windows 10 - power button still on after shutdown/ even if I put my laptop sleep mode it doesn't get wake... i Ever since I have reinstalled windows 10 I am having this problem that my power button remains on after I shutdown my laptop. I have unchecked fast startup option in...