Windows 10: Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

Discus and support Sleep mode awakening with blank screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by YNK_270, Dec 2, 2018.

1. YNK_270 Win User

Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have to restart to have a display. I reversed to earlier version 1803 and it works fine. Any solution to update to 1809? Please help.

:)

YNK_270, Dec 2, 2018
  2. KevDawgHR Win User

Not Awakening from Sleep Mode

My windows 10 computer will not awaken from sleep mode-any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

KevDawgHR, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Dim screen after awakening sleep mode

Hello All,

I've read a couple of post regarding this issue and have yet to find a resolution.....I have a HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One desktop and recently upgraded to Windows 10. After placing the computer in sleep mode, then awakening the computer the screen is very
    dim. has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Mark

MarkAlston, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

Getting to sign on screen from sleep mode

Hi Kirk,

For us to isolate your concern, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• What were you doing on your device before performing sleep mode?
    • Can you verify if you're just only seeing a blank screen after putting your PC in sleep mode?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Looking forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

1. Sleep mode awakening with blank screen - Similar Threads - Sleep mode awakening

2. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode: I built a new PC for Christmas and installed the latest version of Windows 10. When I place the computer in sleep mode it will awaken after an hour or so. Sometimes it will eventually go back to sleep but then awakens again after thirty minutes or so. How can I stop this from...
  3. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode: I built a new PC for Christmas and installed the latest version of Windows 10. When I place the computer in sleep mode it will awaken after an hour or so. Sometimes it will eventually go back to sleep but then awakens again after thirty minutes or so. How can I stop this from...
  4. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer awakens from 'Sleep': Hello,Recently I have noticed, I put my computer to "sleep" when I go for a long break, like sitting to lunch or coffee break. When I click on the 'sleep' button on the 'power' it goes to 'sleep' (I hear it stopped) When I come back to the computer I hear its working. (By the...
  6. blank screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    blank screen after sleep: After waking the computer from sleep it comes a black screen and the computer seems to be working but i am not able to see anything on it. After few moments it automatically restarts. It also happens when i hibernate the laptop. laptop: Acer predator 15 g9 593 71 EH OS:...
  7. Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?: When I take a break from the computer, I click on my Sleep taskbar icon. I guess in my safety paranoiac state, I set things up so that when I awaken the computer, I have to put in my master PW. This has become a PITA and I was wondering if one can set the timing such that the...
  8. Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update : Blank login screen after sleep mode?: Hi, I've run into a wide variety of similar issues by searching but none specifically like the one I have, so sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned. This problem started after the Creators Update. Anytime my system goes into sleep mode (I'm on a laptop so...
  9. Blank screen after awakening from standby in Windows and solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen after awakening from standby in Windows and solution: Hi, my parents have a Dell Inspiron 3650 with Windows 10 Pro. Today I went to visit them and they told them they've been experiencing for a few days something strange. Whenever Windows is awaken from stand by the screen display vertical bars like this: [img]...
  10. Sleeps, Cannot awaken. USB Mouse???

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleeps, Cannot awaken. USB Mouse???: I have a problematic Toshiba P55W-b5224, the HDD for which failed, I started over with Clean Install Win 10 on a new SSD. Issues thinned out mostly except one very annoying issue: The user is mouse-dependent and uses a GE branded USB wireless mouse with a small USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winfows 10 monitor will not show after sleep mode awakening