Windows 10: Sleep mode broken (Win 10 Pro x64)

Discus and support Sleep mode broken (Win 10 Pro x64) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In December I upgraded a desktop (Intel i7-3770K 16Gb/Gigabyte Technology &SSD) from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, but since 12 January the computer will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dave xxx, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Dave xxx Win User

Sleep mode broken (Win 10 Pro x64)

In December I upgraded a desktop (Intel i7-3770K 16Gb/Gigabyte Technology &SSD) from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, but since 12 January the computer will not wake from sleep mode (power button needed to reboot).

There were no problems with sleep mode under Win 7; there were 2 Windows updates on 12 January: Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 & Microsoft.YourPhone

The following steps have offered no improvement (Win 10 v 1909 18363.592):

i) Advanced Power Settings: PCI Express - change from 'Moderate Power Savings' to 'Off''
    ii) CMD (admin): powercfg -h off
    iii) Uninstalled Phone App: PowerShell (admin) Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.YourPhone* -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
    iv) Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool run - No errors detected
    v) Windows drivers appear up to date

Any suggestions for a remedy would be much appreciated.

:)

Dave xxx, Jan 22, 2020
  2. PhilBurns Win User

Sleep Mode Windows 10 Pro

After the upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro there is no sleep option. Other computers have upgraded to Win 10 Home they have sleep mode option. Where is sleep mode in Win 10 Pro?

PhilBurns, Jan 22, 2020
  3. sleep mode in windows 10

Hi,

The challenge that you are having with the sleep mode on Windows 10 may be caused by misconfigured power settings on your computer. We suggest to check this thread:

Win 10 reboots after sleep mode
    . Look for MVP Mike Hall... always replied. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 22, 2020
  4. AeroGEL Win User

Win 10 Backups & Sleep Mode

Hi Ruth,

I should clarify the reason the backup was cancelled.

The actual message was... "Backup was cancelled by User", and I am quite sure that it was because the PC entered Sleep Mode.

The Win 10 backup is being stored on an external 2Tb USB drive.

So to put my questions again...

• If I schedule a weekly backup, and the PC is in Sleep mode at the appointed time, will the PC wake up to allow the backup to run?
    • Can Sleep Mode be prevented whilst a Backup is running?
    TIA

AeroGEL, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Sleep mode broken (Win 10 Pro x64) - Similar Threads - Sleep mode broken

2. Win 10 Pro x64 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro x64 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ntoskrnl.exe: My PC started crashing recently, I tried updating the drivers, sfc scannow, dism cleanup, restoring UEFI settings to default, restoring from system restore point, RAM diagnostic tools, etc., to no avail. It is shown in BlueScreenView that ntoskrnl.exe is the culprit in every...
  3. Win 10 Pro x64 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro x64 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ntoskrnl.exe: My PC started crashing recently, I tried updating the drivers, sfc scannow, dism cleanup, restoring UEFI settings to default, restoring from system restore point, RAM diagnostic tools, etc., to no avail. It is shown in BlueScreenView that ntoskrnl.exe is the culprit in every...
  4. Win 10 Pro x64 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sleep mode broken, suspected by KB5019509

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode broken, suspected by KB5019509: Hello,A problem appeared apparently after installing KB5019509: My screen no longer goes to sleep after selected time, and my PC no longer goes to standby after another longer selected time. Before installing KB5019509 it worked. And I did not install any other hardware...
  6. Sleep mode broken, suspected by KB5019509

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode broken, suspected by KB5019509: Hello,A problem appeared apparently after installing KB5019509: My screen no longer goes to sleep after selected time, and my PC no longer goes to standby after another longer selected time. Before installing KB5019509 it worked. And I did not install any other hardware...
  7. Win 10 x64 Pro and Safe Mode...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 x64 Pro and Safe Mode...: I need to get into safe mode WITH Network Support. Load up, enter password NOT the PIN, PASSWORD... not accepted. Restart to normal. Make new account with Admin Privileges. Log into that account. Restart to Safe Mode with Network Support. Enter password... no ball. Restart...
  8. WIN 10 will not stay in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 will not stay in sleep mode: OS: WIN 10 Home. Version: 1903 The last week or two when I click sleep, pc will go to sleep then wake up right away or about a minute later. Will not stay in sleep mode....
  9. Sleep mode in Windows 10 is broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode in Windows 10 is broken: Have you recently (within the last year) made a major change to the way Sleep works in Windows 10? It used to work when Windows 10 was launched, but lately it fails catastrophically almost every time I try to use it. Case studies as follows: HP Laptop (ZBook 17): When...
  10. Sleep Mode Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Mode Win 10: Hello, I know this issue has been addressed before, but I am still not sure about sleep mode. My question is regarding updating downloads and installing them while win 10 is in sleep mode? I have read that Win 10 will wake up if there are any installations ready. Is that...