Windows 10: Sleep mode BSOD

Discus and support Sleep mode BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So recently, I've been getting BSOD's when I've been waking my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN15-54 if it helps from sleep mode. It has happened 3 times in teh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Benjy Philpott, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Sleep mode BSOD

So recently, I've been getting BSOD's when I've been waking my laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN15-54 if it helps from sleep mode. It has happened 3 times in teh past few days and I have no idea whats causing it.

Here are the minidump and msinfo files.

Please can someone help?

:)

Benjy Philpott, Jan 22, 2021

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 22, 2021
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Sleep mode BSOD

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Sleep mode BSOD

1. Sleep mode BSOD - Similar Threads - Sleep mode BSOD

2. BSOD on computer sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD on computer sleep mode.: Hi all, I have been finding my formerly sleeping computer fully shut off. Event Viewer has not been too helpful, but did say things about various programs causing it, but after removing one of them -no improvement. One program tagged was task monitor so no. On inducing the...
  3. After sleep mode the BSOD appeared.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After sleep mode the BSOD appeared.: Hi! I had a problem earlier to my Windows 10 PC due to BSOD. Here is the whole story for the problem i had. First i turn my PC on, and then i maked it to sleep mode for 2 times since i will not use it yet and i was just making the Computer warmed up. Suddenly i woked it up...
  4. am having bsod from sleep mode

am having bsod from sleep mode: Hello, I have recently finished building my pc and am having blue screens when I wake up my pc from sleep mode and sometimes when I boot. I have double-checked all my components but they do not seem to be what is causing the problem. I have windows, my Nvidia graphic...
  5. Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode

Had BSOD coming out of sleep mode: Hi all came home from work , opened laptop hit space bar and was faced with the dreaded stop screen happened so fast did not even get a chance to see it. not sure maybe this could be due to a firmware update on my crucial ssd there trying to fix the overtemp error crap with...
  6. BSOD after starting from sleeping mode

BSOD after starting from sleeping mode: My system is always getting BSOD after starting up from sleeping mode. The system is built in around two months ago and the only thing i did is changing my GPU. Don't know if that is the issue if the driver of that last GPU is leading to BSOD. System specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen...
  7. BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode

BSOD upon ENTERING sleep mode: Hi, I have an Acer Laptop that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (Please see system info below). I had some problems with (seemingly) random restarts before but that seemed to have resolved itself But since yesterday, the Laptop gives me a BSOD whenever it tries...
  8. BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode

BSODs when resuming from Sleep mode: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to W10 Pro (from W8.1 Pro) my PC has started bluescreening when resuming from Sleep. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT is the most common one, and the only one that has occured so far after upgrade to Build 10586 (upgraded 2015-11-13). BSODs...
  9. BSOD after Stand-By or Sleep Mode

BSOD after Stand-By or Sleep Mode: Hi all! I have a problem with my Asus S56C, I have frequent BSODs, but they only occur after few seconds or few minutes out of the Stand By mode. It does not happen after restarting restarting or turning on the PC. I have already tested the RAM and Hard Drives. Updating to...
  10. BSOD Only when in sleep mode

BSOD Only when in sleep mode: Greetings, I am experiencing some issues with my new PC Build. (PC Information in my profile and in the zip file) Motherboard - ASUS Z170-A Processor - Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K This may sound strange however, for the...